Skip to content

Discuss This Evel Knievel's last bike and 'Batcycle' up for auction General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Evel Knievel's last bike and 'Batcycle' up for auction

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Evel Knievel's last bike and 'Batcycle' up for auction

An auction due to take place on Saturday in North Palm Beach, Florida will feature the last motorcycle owned by Evel Knievel before his death in 2007, as well as a range of other motorcycles including a replica 'Batcycle' from the 1960s 'Batman' tv series. The Knievel bike, a 2005 Harley-Davidson Screaming Eagle Custom V-Rod, is custom embroidered and painted with...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (30 November 2012 15:03)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

I for one would be wary about the bat cycles authenticity, even if it is genuine it looks restored to hell.

Reply to this Topic
cw47

Jul 05

cw47 says:

1967 Batcycle

The '67 Batcycle looks more like a 2-stroke to me, probably a Yamaha 250 or 350 of the period.  The exhaust pipes are not right for a 750 4-stroke.  Wikepedia suggests it is a 250 but does not say which engine type.

Reply to this Topic
mozart

Nov 10

mozart says:

Nice

Looks sexier than the new daytona to me

Reply to this Topic
sack1

Aug 02

sack1 says:

Yes, that is not..

..a photo of a Bat Cycle with a 750cc 4-stroke. Definitely a 2-stroke and looks like a LH kickstarter. Hmm? .. After looking over some photos I'd be inclined to say a 250cc YM1 http://www.cyclechaos.com/images/b/b0/1967-Yamaha-YM1-Black-0.jpg

Reply to this Topic
sack1

Aug 02

sack1 says:

Could also be..

a Yamaha Catalina 250 (YDS3) where the YM1 was the 305cc variant.

Reply to this Topic
Patsfalco

Sep 12

Patsfalco says:

Bikes?

Is the BatCar for auction too? It's not often I'd day it, but it's that car over any of these bikes for me.

Coolest ever car? I definitely say so.

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

I always thought the Batcycle was based on a YR5 two stroke lump?  As for EK's bike, it seems a little restrained and at odds with his character, but perhaps he mellowed a little at the end. A bloody good showman if ever there was!  

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices