You are in... Forums > General > General > Thank You A444 Nuneaton

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

rikhurst

Aug 02

rikhurst says:

Thank You A444 Nuneaton

Hit some ice on way back home tonight at the A444 George Eliot hospital  roundabout in Nuneaton.

The back end slipped out but kept it upright just.. Slid about a meter over the stop line into incoming traffic.

Wanted to say a public thank you to the lady in the Corsa? coming around who stopped otherwise would I have been hit..  So whoever you were.. Thanks!

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (30 November 2012 17:03)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
calamityjane

Jun 12

calamityjane says:

Lucky!

A virtual bunch of flowers to the woman in the corsa :biggrin: Get yourself a brandy rik, good for the shock. Actually its just good :winkie:

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

In fact get yourself

a bottle, and one for the nice lady :smile

Reply to this Topic
calamityjane

Jun 12

calamityjane says:

Thanks for

calling me a nice lady BB, rik,  get one for the corsa woman as well :lol::lol:

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

silly moo

anything for a beer:lol:

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Ice

Slipped on my old LC back in the day while at college,  it was my good fortune that there was a large group of student at a bus stop right next to the mini-roundabout where I turned.

Large group of students?  Damn,  I'd better impress them by going around it fast!   Not a good idea.  Went down with quite a slam,  a couple of them managed to restrain their laughter long enough to help me back up again - all the rest were hooting with mirth at the show.   Clearly, this was the funniest thing they'd seen in ages.  :mad:

Reply to this Topic
calamityjane

Jun 12

calamityjane says:

I feel your pain SL

not a bike though! was on a bus, my shopping was about to roll out of the holding area. stood up, sorted it out, went to sit back down.......well if it wasnt one of those seats that flips back up:shock:hit the deck like a sack of shite. guffaws a plenty, even the driver was wiping his tears of hilarity away. :winkie:

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

CJ:

:lol:

Reply to this Topic
Steveyman

Jan 08

Steveyman says:

Rik

Know it well, from Nuneaton myself.

Got caught out there once in the summer heading into town, it is a nice roundabout where you can nip up the outside lane flick it through the roundabout back on the gas up to the next roundabout at the top of the hill, pass all the traffic and make good progress.

The problem is there is a nasty little crest on the George Elliot (hospital entrance) roundabout that upsets the bike if going a bit too fast. ( I lost the back end but saved it)

Glad you are ok

You may have heard about the recent motorcycle deaths in Nuneaton about three in one week, one not too far away from where you had your moment, of all places one was killed at the side road from the Odeon and KFC at Bermuda Park.

Glad you you are ok, Take Care.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices