Skip to content

Discuss This Sepang to host two MotoGP races in future? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Sepang to host two MotoGP races in future?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Sepang to host two MotoGP races in future?

Sepang could host two MotoGP races in the near future in a bid to cash in on booming interest in South East Asian markets like Malaysia, Indonesia and Thailand. MCN can reveal that Yamaha boss Lin Jarvis has already spoken to Dorna CEO Carmelo Ezpeleta to explore the option of the Sepang circuit featuring twice on the calendar after the record-breaking...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (30 November 2012 17:18)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
cw46

Mar 06

cw46 says:

2races

It's a shame Dorna won't consider 2 races over here.. Get the bikes & the crowds back to a decent track like Donington park, rather than the boring Flat "no atmosphere" Silverstone.

Reply to this Topic
luke 7R

Jan 08

luke 7R says:

Why not have the whole thing in Spain.... :(

What a joke, two races at a pretty boring track! 77k fan’s that pay next to nothing to get in. No one rides anything bigger than a 110 air cooled slammer (C90).

It cost the circuit €2m to host the Sachsenring round in 2011 and they wanted €4m to host it this year so as you can imagine the tickets went from €93 grandstand full weekend to €145!

If they are bothered about crowd numbers then I think it’s time to axe Qatar I think they get an attendance of about 800 people total and that’s including the riders, mechanic’s and brolly girls!
I’d actually like to see an Indian round, it’d be like an endurance race, will he make it to the end before shitting himself?

Bring back Donington park!

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Couldn't give a flying foook..

Who gives a shit about how many races one particular country hosts... As long as there is racing on the tv then im happy...  You have to be one sad prick to be sitting there, watching the bikes going round a bit of tarmac and getting all angry coz it is the third race in Spain already this year...   The track could be anywhere on the planet when the racing is on!!

Reply to this Topic
luke 7R

Jan 08

luke 7R says:

I like to watch it in person at least once a year so it matters to me if they are all held in the far east.

Reply to this Topic
R30Paul

Jul 08

R30Paul says:

Brands Hatch!

As the Moto2 and Moto3 dont flu off to Laguna Seca...

Why not get em going at Brands Hatch? _ May no longer be suitable for the Moto GP - but would love to see the Moto3 guys going round and down Paddock and back up and round Druids!

Reply to this Topic
oily1984

Mar 09

oily1984 says:

R30Paul

I'd love to see that too but it'll never happen. The TV vans wouldn't turn up without the money from a main race for one, unless it could be tied in with BSB during the MotoGP summer break.

Reply to this Topic
MandyRamola

Sep 12

MandyRamola says:

Is That It For News Until January?

MCN: Has nothing at all occurred in the world of Grand Prix motorcycle racing? Is nothing newsworthy attention enough for our barely satiated minds to argue perpetually over? Outrageous.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

MandyR

Nah - nothing.   You seem to have turned into Roy Castle.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices