Skip to content

Ask an Expert 05Gixxer 750 or 06Ninja636? Buying & selling bikes

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Buying & selling bikes > 05Gixxer 750 or 06Ninja636?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

CollinsCardiff

Dec 12

05Gixxer 750 or 06Ninja636?

Two bikes , tough decision. I want a sports bike , I do a small commute but having a bike is a necesity for me! Have ridden an SV650 and Hornet600.

The two bikes are Gixxer 750 K5 £2800 , fully serviced and well looked after 20,000miles.

Ninja636 £3000 , 14500miles same great condition fully serviced.

I like the look of both , I think the ninja looks better. I like the idea of the gixxer being less racey and bigger. I like the idea of it being better for open road riding and wind resistance.

The ninja is a little slower, but anything over 600cc will outperform 90% of riders nowadays so cannot really use speed as a gauge.

Will the 20,000 miles lose the value of the gixxer as I pop it up maybe 4 or 6 k over the next year?

Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks

ryan

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 December 2012 07:17)

Post a message in Buying & selling bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Andy949494

Feb 08

Andy949494 says:

What a nice choice to be in...

If I were you I would get insurance quotes on both, check out condition of tyres, chains and when the next service is due then have a test ride on both and see what trade in they will give you if you need one.
Then think...You are right as the mileage of bikes goes towards 30K there value does reduce but I don't think that would bother me that much. You need to decide which bike you want now and possibly which dealer you prefer. I honestly wouldn't know which I would prefer until I test rode them as I haven't ridden either but both are billed as being similar but different...

Enjoy finding out...
Andy

Reply to this Topic
snox187

Apr 13

snox187 says:

same here

hi i am in exactly the same position , what did you go for in the end ?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices