Skip to content

Where to Ride Germany trip Meets, routes and tours (Europe)

You are in... Forums > Where to Ride > Meets, routes and tours (Europe) > Germany trip

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

dd1965uk

Mar 09

dd1965uk says:

Germany trip

Doing a trip to Germany next year. Not sure where to go exactly.

Any tips for good roads with great views?

Thanks

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (02 December 2012 10:50)

Post a message in Meets, routes and tours (Europe)

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
adaytona

Sep 07

adaytona says:

Germany

A bit of a let down for me in Germany last year was  was the Harz mountains, should be called the Harz hills ! wouldn't go there again. You just don't get the open roads like the Black Forrest.

The ride from Baden-Baden down to Titisee ( Black forrest ) is well worth exploring. I'm going to Germany myself next year but with the wife this time but going to Seebach via Koblenz. 

You cant go wrong with the Black Forrest, check out the B500 :winkie:

When I tour I tend to stay 4 ish days in 1 place and get to know the area a bit. But saying " touring " and staying in 1 place for 4 ish days is a contradiction in terms I suppose but hey !

Any help ?

Reply to this Topic
fazerboy1969

Dec 12

fazerboy1969 says:

germany

is for me....im off nxt year and im traveling down from baden baden,, and wouldnt mind seeing some titisee lol

Reply to this Topic
adaytona

Sep 07

adaytona says:

Germany

Doing Hull to Zeebruge 7th May but just had a slight change of plan. Having my first stop now in Kripp down on the Rhine then heading to Titisee via Seebach, giving Koblenz a miss. 

Cant do Germany without seeing some Titisee !

Reply to this Topic
fazerboy1969

Dec 12

fazerboy1969 says:

great

great im of that route in may too,we were going to stop offon our way down to lobburg but decided on using the cash for a overnite excursion to the stelvio pass as its only 210 miles away

Reply to this Topic
GrahamLewis

Aug 07

GrahamLewis says:

germany trip

Hi done Germany twice stayed in Schliersee which is 30 odd miles south of Munich, good base. You can do all the passes between Germany and Austria, the gerlos, grossglockner etc. great riding. Loved the ride down following the Rhine and especially the B500. do it and enjoy. 

Beware whoevere is doing th Hull ferry, you used to only get rope to tie your bike down so take your own straps. 

I may still have some routes of the ride down from Amsterdam and ride outs from Schliersee if you pm me 

Reply to this Topic
Reiner

Jan 13

Reiner says:

Bavaria is Bikerland

I am from Germany.
I think the best is in Oberfranken  / Bavaria near Bayreuth.
In the "Fränkische Schweiz", there are great biking roads.
The gastronomy there is extremely affordable.
There Fränkische biker hotels here ...

Reply to this Topic
mcitours2

Feb 13

mcitours2 says:

touring germany

we agree on Harz mountains, interesting but nowhere near the spectacular scenery of the Alps...

We are off in September down to Rhine to Boppard....Rudesheim is a great place to stay as well. Go to Heidelberg too, then take the L534 Castles road, fantastic scenery, loads of history.

There are some great wines in the Mosel and some beers down Bavaria way well worth a sample too. It ain't all about the twisty swervery on a biking tour y'know - have fun! :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
dd1965uk

Mar 09

dd1965uk says:

Tour

Thanks guys for all your posts, great help.

Reply to this Topic
peterford

Oct 12

peterford says:

Germany trips

For the last 6 years a small group of us have visited Cochem on the Mossel River South of Koblenz (about 50 miles) Takes about 4.5 hours to get there Stunning roads with every concevaible variety of roads,take a look on Google Earth  the Mossel and Rhine rivers are inspiring to say the least.We stayed at the Park Hotel (Pension rooms ) great value. Good parking for the bikes.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices