Skip to content

KAWASAKI Kawasaki Z800 first ride: "A smooth and refined ride" Z800

You are in... Forums > KAWASAKI > Z800 > Kawasaki Z800 first ride: "A smooth and refined ride"

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Neeves  says:

Kawasaki Z800 first ride: "A smooth and refined ride"

Senior Road Tester, Michael Neeves, has just ridden the new £7499 Kawasaki Z800 at its launch in the south of France. Here are his initial thoughts – check out MCN on Wednesday for the full review. "This is the replacement for the Z750, a bike that’s actually been around for 10 years next year – doesn’t time fly? "Kawasaki has done a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 December 2012 09:30)

Post a message in Z800

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Using an 800cc bike as a learner is ridiculous. It isn't just power you need to get used to but weight as well. People could actually be put off biking with one of these. There should be a weight limit for learners as well as a power limit. Just falling over whilst learning will cost a fortune to repair. IMO, this is an irresponsible move by Kawasaki. They only have sales in mind.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

229kg..

Is that Dry or Wet?

Reply to this Topic
thehoss

Dec 10

thehoss says:

Comparison

I am looking to step up from my ER6n in the new year. Will MCN be doing a comparison between this and the new Street Triple? Is there anything else of a similar ilk that I should consider?

Reply to this Topic
jahkeym

Dec 09

jahkeym says:

the hoss

buy a street triple nuff said! still miss mine! check the power to weight ratio compared with the kwaka.

failing that the new MV Brutale 675/800 if your vertically challenged - would love one myself but at 6'2'' I look a twat on it!

Reply to this Topic
ERP30

Apr 06

ERP30 says:

@thehoss

I got back into biking in 2007 and went for the z750 new and i dont care what anyone says, its a fantastic machine with so much power, so comfortable once the seat softened and it looked the dogs nuts. Neeves says the 750 was no fun, sorry Neeves but you talking through your bum. I just sold it march gone. I had been riding it for 4.5 years in all weather. It was my work horse and clocked just over 50thou kilometers, I had a load of extras on it but power wise i only put a carbon end can on it, so it was standard power 96bhp rear wheel on the dyno. Good for 270km on a good straight and good for 200 to 220km per petrol fills. Stepping from an ER6n to even a Z750 you will be amazed at the power leap. Unless you track minded then i personally think you would be so happy with the Z models weather you go 750 800 1000 they all look the dogs nuts and will satisfy your needs. I recon this new 800 will be a hoot to own and a bullet to go. Im currently driving a ZX10R 2012 and its a dream machine but i noticed the difference in comfort straight away, only starting to get comfy on it now with 8000km ridden. In all fairness i think all manufacturers have their bikes up to scratch if buying new and cant imagine any of them are boring.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

229 kg

According to Kawasaki The Bike weighs 229kg which does seem a tad heavy when compared to say, the ZZR1400  (not to mention my 232kg "Overweight Lard ass and very very very old 'Busa "). I think it's heavier than my old GS850g 'Suki and that was Heavy.

Reply to this Topic
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

229 kg Can't be right

My 2011 Z1000SX weighs 229 kg wet.

Why would a 200cc less machine without a full fairing weigh the same?

Reply to this Topic
thehoss

Dec 10

thehoss says:

ERP30, Jahkeym

Thanks for your thoughts! I've test rode the z750r over the summer and did enjoy it but it's the only other bike i've ridden other than mine so have no base to compare to. The new MV does look gorgeous, but being taller than you Jahkeym i'd look even more of a twat haha. Just a side note, would a couple of years old Speed Triple be a better buy than a new Street? Similar pricewise?

Reply to this Topic
burnthouse

May 12

burnthouse says:

weighty issue

I agree with SatNavSteve, as someone who took direct access from Streetfighter 2 100cc weighing 90kg to a Yamaha Fazer 600 weighing 205kg I experienced more problems off the bike moving it onto its centre stand and maneuvering the back down the path to its parking space than riding it. I was glad it only cost me £3,200 after it fell on me or fell over in the car park. The idea of dropping a £7500 bike the first time I took it round to show my mates... not good, but at least they would be able to help me pick it up. I'm looking forward to the Z800 as I think it would make the ideal step up from the Versys 650, 2010 model I own now. Time to go naked? But then the Fazer 800 or BMW F800GT, MV Brutal is not in my price range alas.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

exactly...

That's why I questioned the weight.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN