Skip to content

KAWASAKI Kawasaki Z800 first ride: "A smooth and refined ride" Z800

You are in... Forums > KAWASAKI > Z800 > Kawasaki Z800 first ride: "A smooth and refined ride"

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Neeves  says:

Kawasaki Z800 first ride: "A smooth and refined ride"

Senior Road Tester, Michael Neeves, has just ridden the new £7499 Kawasaki Z800 at its launch in the south of France. Here are his initial thoughts – check out MCN on Wednesday for the full review. "This is the replacement for the Z750, a bike that’s actually been around for 10 years next year – doesn’t time fly? "Kawasaki has done a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 December 2012 09:30)

Post a message in Z800

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SPRINTMAN52

Feb 09

SPRINTMAN52 says:

Lardy

Why would anyone want this Lardy thing,it has gone up 22kg from the bike it replaces so whats the point of having an extra 50cc with the added weight.Should have stayed with the Z750 and upgraded that

Reply to this Topic
BREE

Mar 08

BREE says:

weight

I really cannot believe that the given weight is correct, in-fact I would bet that it is incorrect especially as this information comes via a journalist. And we all know how unreliable their information is especially when reporting on the worlds most over rated bikes ( Triumph that is and obviously MCNs part owners )... My SX1000 is lighter than 229kg and that's with a full tank of fuel........, 

Reply to this Topic
tim8061

Apr 10

tim8061 says:

Kerb weight?

Must be wet weight surely? Why do journos rave about new bikes at 220+kg making 120bhp when my 9yr old SV weighs sub-180kg and makes 120bhp? Why would I want to change it for something newer and lardier? Oh yes, they get paid to say it, silly me.

Reply to this Topic
Bob_1

Feb 05

Bob_1 says:

Puzzled ??

In the last shot of the video, when Michael Neeves takes his hand off the throttle to give a thumbs-up, the engine doesn't slow ?? A bit of deceptive editing perhaps but a continuity error nonetheless !!

The Z800 did sound quite good though. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Hyabusa1340

Apr 11

Hyabusa1340 says:

Z800

mediocrity? very heavy....

Reply to this Topic
lewi103

Feb 11

lewi103 says:

@Bob_1

It's left hand drive over there isn't it?...

Reply to this Topic
HF_ZX10r

Dec 07

HF_ZX10r says:

The one?

I did a test drive on the Z750r and it was on the boundary of a really good bike but not quite. This might be the answer. I’ll give it a wee test ride and see if it cuts the mustard.

I have my views on the best commuter bike and this might be the one.

Reply to this Topic
sandmacker

Oct 10

sandmacker says:

fat

They're fat and they're cheesy . A GSXR 750 Suzuki would be a far better option .A 2012 model can be got for

7500 to 8500 pounds . A far better bike on so many levels .190 kgs dripping wet and 148 hp says it all .

Not a naked ? get some up right bars and take off the fairing . Sorry Kwaka , but this ones a lemon just like the 750 was

Reply to this Topic
gixercarl

Sep 06

gixercarl says:

z800

Kawasaki seem to be on their money with the right bikes at the moment the Z800 will be a massive hit

and by god have the green machine got their styling right these days

in a time when Yam & Suz providing us with nothing Honda and Kawasaki are working hard which is exactly what you need to do in  desperate times

MCN stop drumming on about over  rated over priced  panigales and exotic s1000

not once have i seen praise in the MCN of thre work Kawasaki have done

i have owned the latest ZX10 and ZZR1400 in the last 18 months and they are awesome tools, you must ride them

the 14 is awesome

come on MCN lets praise team green please

Neevsey please adjust your patter on the GSXR750 please a bike i adore and how owned at least 6 models

however the 750 died in 2008 when Honda brought out the new Fireblade what ever the 750 can do, the blade can do better and is now the most balanced bike in the world rendering the 750 legend pointless

well done Kawasaki !!!!! keeping our world alive

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices