You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Legal > CBT

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Sehp

Sep 12

Sehp says:

CBT

Hi, I'm 18 and have held a CBT for nearly 2 years. Next year will I be able to ride a 125 if I do the CBT after January 19th? Or should I do the CBT before Jan 19th. I Cannot afford to do a bike test as it stands with lessons, should I try without lessons before the law changes

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 December 2012 11:52)

Post a message in Legal

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
teamwindsor

Mar 11

teamwindsor says:

lessons

I would try and get it out the way as soon as possible. I went without after practising in car parks riding round cones. I too had two years on the road before attempting the tests and found them fine. There are lost of usefull youtube videos on what to expect and the DVLA has diagrams of the dimension for the mod 1 excercises. 

Things get far more complicated in January! Mod 1 is something like £17 and mod 2 ~£70. Even if you don't get both first time it is cheaper than lessons if cash is limited. 

Reply to this Topic
DanAtBristol

Nov 12

DanAtBristol says:

CBT

What are you riding at the moment, most importantly, does it have gears? As that's the only place you'll need some experience to get through Mod 1 (Throttle/Clutch control)... I had about 18 months of experience on a 125, but 10 months was back in '05 and 8 months was in '10, I did my Mod 1 and 2 a few months ago, with a few weeks remaining on my CBT and (literally) a day on my Theory - Take my advice, don't cut it so close!

Besides that just make sure you have at least 3 days in total, I had a day, then 2/3 of a day + Mod 1, then 2 weeks later 2/3 of a day + Mod 2 and flew through it without a problem. Just make sure you get plenty of time in front of your instructor who can point mistakes out (one I made was not putting my foot down at a Stop sign - Which you MUST do, or it's instant fail). Oh and good luck!

Reply to this Topic
tc330

Mar 11

tc330 says:

Cbt won't change

after 19/01/13 - you will still be able ride a 125cc bike on L plates.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices