You are in... Forums > General > General > driving licence picture

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

yellowmagna95

Jun 12

driving licence picture

Hi,

within the next few weeks my driving licence photo runs out, yet another rip off, it cost's £20 to renew licence/photo, by sending it back to DVLA, as a biker of many many yrs, in the past I have heard that some bikers have lost the entitlelment to ride a bike, I passed my bike test way back in 1962, have had bikes ever since, do I take pic's of my old licence as proof before sending back to DVLA because I don't wan't to lose my entitlement to ride a bike, any ideas would be great, thanks.

keith.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 December 2012 14:45)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
smidget

Nov 07

smidget says:

Keith

Your best bet is to send off a little early and claim that your licence has been lost, then when your new replacement has arrived and checks out to be correct then you can send them your original, or not depends whether you find it or not.

Reply to this Topic
Boult

Mar 07

Boult says:

Some

solicitors also have 'notarys' who for a fee will legally record your document.

Not sure if it does any good though as a few years ago DVLA even refused to accept the word of a Chief Constable when one of his instructors 'lost' his entitlement after being a police bike teacher for many years.

Last time I did it, did it all legit, crossed my fingers and prayed to any who might have listened and it all came back OK.

Only afterwards did I realise that I'd forgotten to send the originals...!!

I also believe you can, if you send an SAE, request your old one back (like the passport office do) with the corner cut off.

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

picture

licence,as smidget says,that`s what i did.:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
yellowmagna95

Jun 12

thanks re licence

Thanks guys,

That has made it much clearer for me, over the yrs I have heard loads of bad things from bikers re returning  there new licences from DVLA, thanks for getting back so quick on this subject.

keith.   :wink:

Reply to this Topic
Richnotrich

Apr 11

Richnotrich says:

Mine was trouble free

www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/community/Forums/Categories/Topic/?&topic-id=426023

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
shuggie1

Apr 07

shuggie1 says:

Did mine on line

think it was okay as long as passport within last 5 years or something... They just use that photo

Didn't send my old one off. Think it was 'lost' that week, but amazingly found it just after submitted application.

New one came back okay, so no need to have 'lost' previous, but better safe than sorry etc

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices