Skip to content

Discuss This France bins hi-vis plans General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > France bins hi-vis plans

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

France bins hi-vis plans

French plans for compulsory high-visibility motorcycle clothing have been withdrawn. French government had proposed making riders wear at least 150 square-centimetres of reflective material. The plans have been shelved after it emerged they were in breach of an EU directive. The U-turn also follows protests by French riders. A spokesman for the Motorcycle Action Group said the government appeared to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 December 2012 15:25)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Aw, I was hoping to blend in with the natives

Hilarious that it was shelved because it didn't mandate ENOUGH reflective area. The Paddies are still pressing ahead with their full-sleeve hi-vis plans though, aren't they? Hi-vis Harleys, that I'd like to see.

Reply to this Topic
fatfaby

Oct 12

fatfaby says:

AFKAN

Could,nt agree more. All Day-Glo Dickheads should,ve been smothered at birth!

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

They had to abandon the plans coz they were probably thinking about how many sheep would have been burnt to death by the protesters! What with Christmas coming as well. Maybe MAG should learn some tricks from the French before they start their next campaign!

Reply to this Topic
Vortex1952

Mar 11

Vortex1952 says:

Exemple to follow! Tks!

We have to admire the French, they do know how to achieve their wishes, I remember in 2000 the pathetic fuel protest here which lasted 1 week and the prices went up regardless the minority get together, the politicians know that any British will not protest enough and they just wait until it all fade away...lol On the other side of the channel they persist and always get what they want! Well done french people, now the British can ride in your land free!

Reply to this Topic
piroflip

Jul 10

piroflip says:

Agreed Vortex.

If the government announced that we all had to have our balls chopped off, 99% would freely queue up outside the castration unit.

Anybody who votes Labour, Tory, or LibDems is a fucking idiot.

You are voting for your own destruction.

Why the hell can't you open your eyes see that?????????????

Don't moan here, vote UKIP now.

Reply to this Topic
Vortex1952

Mar 11

Vortex1952 says:

Piroflip !

I have been living here for the past 30 years and I have never seen people so complacent to any abuse as the British! Are they afraid of retaliation? Afraid of authority? Lack of personality? It makes me wonder what it is that make the majority so apathetic! Regarding your voting suggestion I cannot vote here for peculiar reasons by I totally agree with your political views

Reply to this Topic
britri123

Dec 07

britri123 says:

MCN wrong again.

Come on MCN, get it right for a change, its Reflective material NOT Hi Vis. You are writing for MCN not the Sun.

Reply to this Topic
brevav2

Feb 09

brevav2 says:

UK ' Dumbed Down' population

Well said piroflip and vortex1952, couldnt have put it better myself,  The Apathetic majority of the UK's populace is the result of state brainwashing over many decades, have a look at 'Frankfurt School Subversion'

Its a case of  'Obey'  Dont Question Authority'  and belive everything the (controlled) mainstream media tell you, there is no 'Fair and Free media either here or anywhere else, the BBC  (Brussels Broadcasting Corporation) is the State broadcaster responsible for 'State Propaganda' and nothing else, i.e its okay to invade third world countries on behalf of the Zionist bankers,err i mean to bring 'Democracy', Yeah right!!, and isnt the EU wonderful according to the BBC etc, the truth being a den of corruption and snouts in the trough on the Brussels gravy train, Cameron wouldnt dare hold a referendum on UK membership, he knows he would lose, If your opposed to this 'Big Brother Police State' the UK has become and want out of the EU then stop voting for the mainstream  LibLabCon, they are all one and the same, for goodness sake wake up.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

brevav2!

Bloody hell! Don't drive down any tunnels in the near future!

Reply to this Topic
Vortex1952

Mar 11

Vortex1952 says:

Wait and see !

News today: A 3.02p per litre rise in fuel duty scheduled for introduction in January has been cancelled. it doesn't matter if now or later the British people WILL swallow it with a spoon of olive oil....lol

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices