Skip to content

Ask an Expert Bar muffs - what are they like to use? Clothing

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Clothing > Bar muffs - what are they like to use?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

YorkshireSheep

Nov 12

Bar muffs - what are they like to use?

I'm thinking of getting some bar muffs just to take the wind chill off my finger ends when riding. 

I do find that I take my hands off the bars quite often on my commute for a mixture of opening / closing my visor and also waving cars out of the way of the entrance to the car park etc.

Was wondering how easy it was to get my hand in and out of the muff as I don't really want to be fighting to get my hands to the bars after wiping rain off my visor etc.

thanks

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 December 2012 22:30)

Post a message in Clothing

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

muffs

Tried the Oxford ones many years ago and never again because they were floppy and interfered with the controls,also not easy to get your hands in/out.

You may find a modern one which are reinforced/wire caged which keep their shape,otherwise dangerous.

Reply to this Topic
smidget

Nov 07

smidget says:

Used them

on a couple of Bandits whilst I was a courier in and around London, found then to be good as kept hands drier than without, hands were warm all day.

Made my own inner cage up out of wire coat hangers, they were easyto get into and out of then, otherwise as Jaffa says bit of a pain without the cage.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

Muffs

Easy once you get used to them, which doesn't take long.
Tucano Urbano make some that bolt to your bar ends to avoid them pressing against the levers.
They do not fit tight around your wrists, so it's easy to slip your hand in and out of the muff (fnaar fnaar)

Combined with heated grips they are FANTASTIC...

Reply to this Topic
NotAnotherHill

Jun 11

Oxford muffs

I have used Oxford Bone Dry muffs over the last two years on my Fazer 600. On the whole, I like them. They keep your hands dry and warm, especially with heated grips. In strong winds they do have a tendency to push against the levers slightly, but not enough to intefere with control. Given the choice between frozen, wet fingers or warm, dry ones, there's only one decision for me.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices