Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

EDSBK

Dec 10

EDSBK says:

My website survey

Hi All,

I write a blog called Everyday Superbikes and have recently made a survey for our best of 2012.
 Theres 10 questions and was hoping that some of you may have a go so that it will give me some stats and help me out with future topics.
 If your interested have a look here:- Everyday Superbikes

Thanks in advance to anyone who gives it a go.
EDSBK

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 December 2012 23:04)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Completed the survey...

Dude,  that's "applies", not "applys",  just as one example, and do you really have to explain that to "go abroad" means "(visit other countries)"?   How stupid do you think bikers are?  (ok, ok - maybe you looked at this forum and gauged it accordingly.)

Anyway, filled it in - although some items (with a mandatory field) did not really apply.

Reply to this Topic
EDSBK

Dec 10

EDSBK says:

survey

Thanks Slow learner for taking the time to fill it in.

I must have missed that applys when going back through it all.
Ah, now the reason for ''visit other countries'' is for our European visitors, who may live in Germany but ride to Italy for example, they may or may not say they are going abroad when they do that, I don't know?
 Thanks again

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

I filled it in

but really most weren't relevant, and it's not only blokes that ride so probably change a few of the questions

Edit, spelling and grammar !!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

yip

done and dusted

Reply to this Topic
StealthSV

Feb 08

StealthSV says:

^^

As above... :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

Done it

But - it was certainly geared towards UK bikers!

I don't get to see much British racing here in Spain (oh - and we had lots of dry days in 2012 too):sunglasses:

Also - being a grammar nazi - based on the survey, I wouldn't be tempted to read your blog:shock:

Reply to this Topic
EDSBK

Dec 10

EDSBK says:

Rain

Thanks guys for taking part and the constructive criticism, I hope I've managed to fix the few things you've pointed out.

Ninjachica you should watch British Superbikes when you can, it is one of the most competitive racing series in the world, they even ride in the rain!! 
We've had 50 weeks worth of rain over here in 2012. The sun shone for a whole day back in September, I remember getting the deck chairs out, it was on a Tuesday!

I notice you have a blog! Now lets see, it has some nice photos.
Oh!:shock:  your a grammar nazi eh! Maybe you should read about the Karaoke and Sweeney Todd.
Ive no need to read any further :biggrin: stones and glass houses spring to mind.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Survey

Alright EDSBK:   Good on you for taking the fairly rough welcome one gets around here the right way :wink:

One thing about the survey, though - supposing the reader had more than one bike?  I bought one based purely on speed and performance, for myself only; but another for hauling the misses and loads of gear around (panniers and all that good stuff).

It's hard to fill out a form - maybe such people should fill in one per bike?

Can't resist, I know you'll appreciate this.   On the blog entry that invites one to take the survey (on your link), can we just go over "its", in the single context it's used here?

Dude, write "it's" if you want an abbreviation of "it is".

I wouldn't take issue with the last "its", but would mention that "there are" would have proved better English than "it is" given the context, but even given that, your contraction lacks the apostrophe ("it's").

"Please have a go" sounds more of an invitation to knock a coconut off a stand, than fill in a form.  Did you expect a high failure rate?  :lol:

But did the second "its" need to be there at all?   You made a very good stab at it in your initial post above ("Theres (sic) 10 questions and was (sic) hoping..." etc.) ,  but surely you mean "there are", not "theres" or "its"?

And let this be a warning to you, about the hazzard of ending a sentence with a preposition:

grammar nazis

Good on you mate :wink:

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

slow

I think he will appreciate the time it took you to correct his grammar:lol:

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

LOL

I've watched plenty of British Superbike racing in the past, including standing in the rain to do so.

However, you claim your survey is aimed at continental bikers too (which is why I had a go) but not all of your questions apply.  That was what I was trying to point out.

As for my blog - thank you for looking at it and well done for spotting some errors.  However, those, of course, are not grammatical errors. :lol:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices