Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Dovizioso won't win anything on the Ducati General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: Dovizioso won't win anything on the Ducati

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Dovizioso won't win anything on the Ducati

At the start of 2011, few people imagined that Valentino would have such a disastrous time on the Ducati MotoGP bike. At the start of 2012, few people imagined that Rossi would be switching machines with Andrea Dovizoso, the seven times champ moving back to the Yamaha while countryman Dovi takes over the factory Ducati. Rossi has called the bike unridable; but...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (04 December 2012 15:07)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
busaman195

Aug 09

busaman195 says:

no way

waste of time if they keep the old frame etc,the ducati team need to go back to the drawing board,they have the engine and thats it.

Reply to this Topic
bikenutter

Dec 10

bikenutter says:

Dark (red) horse

I recon the new Ducaudi will be the a force to behold come 2013. It's a shame there's not a proven alien on board but hey.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Sorry Rev

But unless Audi has a magic wand in the cupboard I think we'll see Dovi fade into obscurity. I hope that isn't the case, but I suspect it will be.

Reply to this Topic
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

Dovi has a really smooth high corner speed riding style.  The Duc has chronic understeer problems.  I don't see Dovi steering with the rear to get around the track.  That isn't how he rides.  Valentino knew how to do that from his 500cc days.  Look at how he did on the Duc.

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

'he'll do worse than rossi'

let's not go too far, he cant do THAT bad

Reply to this Topic
Victor9098

Jan 08

Victor9098 says:

Audi Factor

Maybe not next year as the bike is already built and testing, but Audi will be injecting silly amounts of money into the MotoGP effort so as a long term career choice it may have been the right move. Wasn't it Crutchlow who said this year when he was offered the Ducati ride that you can only win a championship on a factory machine.

Reply to this Topic
marval

Nov 03

marval says:

Dovi

2013 I think will be a big learning curve, but 2014 watch the Ducaudi go!!!

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Hmmm...

Well Dovi (& Mauno) did manage to beat Rossi (& Van Den Bosch) on a supermoto at the weekend (despite pulling out the recent test due to a neck injury!!!)... proof he can adapt, can thrive on less than perfect machinery & is willing to take risks? Time will tell.

Reply to this Topic
bird1050

Nov 07

bird1050 says:

hes made a big mistake

biggest mistake of his life he should have stuck with tech 3, He was doing brilliantly .

But good luck to dovi hope he can do well. And get what he wants

Thank god Cal stayed with tech 3.

Reply to this Topic
records1990

May 12

records1990 says:

Different riders have different riding styles it dont matter if your an ex world champion, what matters is can you ride any machine you jump on, this has been proved with Valentino, but well have to wait and see if he's lost his touch when we see him  on the Yamaha next year, as far as Dovisio goe's we'll have to do the same and see how if he managed to tame the Ducati, it's no good speculating, remember what every-one said about Valentino when he moved to Ducati and now a couple of years down the line he's back with Yamaha, let's just wait and see, Dovisio might just show Valentino the way round the track, and who will you all be blaming then, then who will you be blaming for making a bad move.!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices