Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Motorcycle Live 2012 was... General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: Motorcycle Live 2012 was...

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Motorcycle Live 2012 was...

Sunday saw Motorcycle Live, Britain's biggest bike show, done and dusted for another 51 weeks. Were you at the show this year? Have you beenn in the past? How did 2012 compare to previous years at the NEC?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (04 December 2012 15:09)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

On the last day, It was...

Packed, Hot and full of all the bikes that I can see in all the Showrooms that I can visit but this year was better than previous years and "Truth be Known" I should have taken the car due to the weather. I liked the new Honda CB1100 and the Guzzi California ,Hell I even liked the Yellow 'Busa. The ZZR1400 Still doesn't do it for me and the Z800 looks great but I still can't get over the weight. KTM had a good display of Bikes that Excited. Interesting to hear all the "Experts" Talking loudly about their own particular favorite Bike "Best bike in the world mate" Shocked at the lack of "Spacial awareness" of many people (hope they don't drive/ride like that) and amazed at the amount of people that can't be bothered with "Deodorant" thanks people... Was "Blown away" by the "Freestyle" Guys If only the law makers could see how a bit of talent and a small wheelie is totally safe... These guys were pulling amazing stunts, in total control, 75ft in the air, upside down, back to front, no handed and completely safe.

Reply to this Topic
craig1000

Sep 12

craig1000 says:

great day out

Go every year, a great family day out.

my daughter is only 3 she absolutely loves it, the excitement on her face when watching the freestyle guys amazing.    

Reply to this Topic
petedj

Jan 11

petedj says:

p. up at a brewery?

If you run a bike show at a railway station why not get some sort of deal with the train companies? £150 return + show entrance or sit for hours on a foggy motorway, never going to happen. Would love to go but not at those prices.

Reply to this Topic
motogpfan

Sep 11

motogpfan says:

first visit

First time I have been in years and thoroughly enjoyed it. Took my 9 year old daughter and had a whale of a time. Stunt show was great, and loads of bikes to drool over. definately going back next year and have paid alot more money for less interesting and fun days out.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

petedj!

That sort of deal was available in 70s/80s when the show was at Earls Court and it was excellent. You could buy a package at the station which provided you with the train ticket, underground ticket and show ticket. How about MCN having a word with Mr Branson on our behalf and trying something similar? An off-peak rail fair would be fine. I went from Lancashire to the NEC on the train for £31 return on Saturday and it was miles better than driving down the bloody awful M6. £150 sounds a bit steep though Pete! . There used to be lots of coach trips to the NEC a few years ago, but they all seem to have died a death. I will add all the trains were bang on time too. So come on MCN, you do ferry deals, how about trains?

Reply to this Topic
HF_ZX10r

Dec 07

HF_ZX10r says:

I have spoken..

Not enough girls in lycra.....

That said I have some killer photos of the MCN girls and an amazing blonde girl with a leather jacket and a great smile.

Will post it later.

Reply to this Topic

Aug 02

1100970 says:

Easy to get around

The benefit of fewer people there is you can get about a lot easier, the down side will be not as many companies will want to show up. You may have noticed at least 10  cars were on display and more classic bikes than past years to fill space up, also not so much crap clothing this year either.  

So where do the show go next year a dificult one but if there`s no theme then over the next 3 or 4 years problems will ensure, the London show next year will be no different even if MCN push it in this paper all shows need a theme with a mixture of 2 wheel machines on display be future, modern, classic, racing bikes or stalls showing quality clothing and how to restore classic and modern bikes, if you cant fill 3 halls then downsize but no boloody cars Carol Nash.

Reply to this Topic
mercymercyred

Jan 10

fantastic show

I have never been before and I thought it was brilliant. Too much to take in at first, then got my bearings and really got stuck in and squeezed as much as I could out of the show. Got a couple of great bargains a shoei multi tec for £180 cant be bad. A few cars didn't even take any notice of them. Was quietly impressed with the new chinese bikes on price and looks, not sure if I would buy one though. Brilliant show cant see how anyone can fault it to be honest.

Reply to this Topic
happylemon666

Mar 10

Twas OK

I went midweek like most years and found it pretty empty compared to previous years, but at least all manufacturers there it seemed, plus a quid back off my parking was a bonus. All was fine though, picked up a couple of bargains, wondered at what the old men were doing shoving their 10 year old kids at the lycra models for photos - I mean come on, its you who wants to be there, so step up and get your photo taken with the fit bodies and wierd faces.

Reply to this Topic
harataiki

Jul 12

harataiki says:

Road over to northampton train station jumped on a train, had a brilliant time, not as impressive as the last time I went back in 99/2000 sorta time, but the Honda stand was great for me, see what sort of bikes are out there for somebody like me who will get stuck with the A2 category license. My old man picked up some great Intercoms from Bluetronics that work great for him,

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices