Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Motorcycle Live 2012 was... General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: Motorcycle Live 2012 was...

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Motorcycle Live 2012 was...

Sunday saw Motorcycle Live, Britain's biggest bike show, done and dusted for another 51 weeks. Were you at the show this year? Have you beenn in the past? How did 2012 compare to previous years at the NEC?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (04 December 2012 15:09)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
busterrabbit

Sep 12

busterrabbit says:

car/bike shows

I don't really see the point of motorshows.  You can look at bikes, and actually ride most of them, at dealers.  If you're serious that is.  Just going for a look around isn't of any interest to me, I can do that at a dealer anyway, what matters is how a bike rides.  Having been on stand duty for car manufacturers at more than 10 motorshows I can say that the majority of attendees are there "for a day out" or "tyre kickers" in trade jargon.  In these hard times more and more manufacturers are questioning the huge cost of stands/staffing for little if any positive effect on sales.  I'm amazed that it's worth putting on a bike show at all given the sales volumes in the UK.

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

Motorcycle Live 2012 was.................. seriously shit. Worst show since I first attended 35 years ago and this was my last time.

Looking at BSB 2012 at Donnington this year which cost the same to attend, I can tell you how Donnington bust a gut to make us feel welcome !!! Remember how crap access to Donnington used to be? Wow ! They have certainly changed that ! An awesome day !!!!

I know BSB is nothing like the NEC bike show, but like most people we are having to cut back on the number of bike events we attend each year. So we have to pick and choose what represents value for money and the NEC have lost all sense of the value of their visitors. The cost of everything was obscene and the service was shite.

Same with the  2012 FIA summer Finals at Santa Pod, the Pod crew were amazing and you just feel so bloody welcome !! Best day out this year in fact !!

A few years ago there was 11 halls rammed full of great stands and the bike show was shoulder to shouldler with bikers. Now its 3 small halls and no one there. Even the exhibitors were saying they had never seen it so quiet on the 1st weekend.

The same old boring format and same old lack of facilities needs to radically change or the bike show will find itself flat on its arse next year.  The low turnout says it all. There is a lot of competition in this recession from other bike events where they work very hard to get people in the doors, the NEC has still got its dont give a fuck attitude, same as the last 35 years.

I didnt feel valued at all at the NEC, infact it was dead. I know that more people are going to the Milan show in preference. NEC needs to up its game a 1000% or face losing visitors to other venues who are trying hard.

The same old probems at the NEC have been present from year dot. Everyone knows that those basic problems are. The NEC has its work cut out with some outstanding competition for bike events next year, with even less money in peoples pockets. The NEC bike show is certainly off the list for 2013 in our house.

Adapt and survive or just die.....

Reply to this Topic
MAGWITCH

Aug 10

MAGWITCH says:

Cars?

What were cars doing at a "motorcycle" show?

If this is the only way they can fill spaces, then it doesn"t bode well for future shows.
The show itself is a lot smaller than in the past, and I spent more time in actually travelling there, than wandering around the show . Must admit, I am seriously considering giving it a miss next year.:doubt:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices