Skip to content

Discuss This Kawasaki Z800 First Ride Video First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Kawasaki Z800 First Ride Video

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Neeves  says:

Kawasaki Z800 First Ride Video

Senior Road Tester, Michael Neeves, has just ridden the new £7499 Kawasaki Z800 at its launch in the south of France. Here are his initial thoughts – check out MCN on Wednesday for the full review. brightcove.createExperiences();

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (04 December 2012 17:36)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bob_1

Feb 05

Bob_1 says:

Puzzled ?

How come in the last shot of the video, when Michael Neeves took his hand off the throttle to give a thumbs-up, the engine note didn't drop ?????

Reply to this Topic
Hyabusa1340

Apr 11

Hyabusa1340 says:

Z800

Not exactly mind blowing then?

Reply to this Topic
burnthouse

May 12

burnthouse says:

could have been a contender

Looking forward to z800 review after the above... but now I've read it I'm not so keen on it... Visor down gives a different angle, could have been a contender... would be great if we could have a comparative test for the middleweight 800cc under £8000 class... BMW vs Yamaha vs Kawasaki, naked to fully faired all comers welcomed... rain and shine weather test too.

Reply to this Topic
kharli

Dec 11

kharli says:

Proper reviews please

come on mcn Im  going to stop  buying your mag if you dont start including realistic mpg and likely servicing/tyre life costs.

Im very happy for the readers that dont have to worry about this  .

Looks like a great bike .Would of been in contention for my nc had it come out earlier .

Reply to this Topic
pearsonsnose

Apr 09

pearsonsnose says:

Wrong maths

I'm not sure who did the maths on the Visordown story but perhaps they need to buy a new calculator and learn how to use it. The Z800 has a 17 litre tank which is 3.7 imperial gallons. That means at the claimed 43mpg (which I bet is low because journalists on a launch don't have to buy their own fuel) is still going to give 160 miles to empty. So about 140 miles before reserve. I think that sounds ok for a bike with no fairing.

Reply to this Topic
daveb

Aug 02

daveb says:

motogpnorival - dear, oh dear. I'm sure Neevesy's too nice to say, so I will. Jesus H Christ on a crosser - you are one seriously troubled hombre. How on earth do you get so over-excited by such a tiny fragment of a video review? This isn't high treason or heresy...it's insightful opinion about a motorcycle. You total fucking throbber. Mmm - that does feel better.

Reply to this Topic
motogpnorival

Feb 10

Not seriously.....

........Not troubled..... INSIGHT.... With this word, remember in- and -sight-. When you have the ability to look (sight) inside (in) something––a painting, a discussion, a situation––and find what others aren't seeing, you are being insightful. An insightful person is someone capable of deep, insightful thinking. Didn't get any insight from his comments about the bike, didn't get any insight from his comments about bike sales in the UK...... I think he is in all probability incapable of insight...... off with his head... he won't be needing it...

Reply to this Topic
Kawasakifreak1

Aug 11

motogpnorival - WTF !!

motogpnorival .................. is your attitude a response to the affects of drink, drugs or are you just frustrated after your (presumably) better half left you to stew with your pedantry ?

MCN has provided a TASTER review - only.   It's a well-establised marketing tool to encourage those still interested & willing to part with £2 to read more in the mag.

Is that clear enough for you or do you need a diagram ?

Reply to this Topic
Kawasakifreak1

Aug 11

Z800

Looks nice - btw.

Needs to lose about 40 lbs to be taken seriously I fear.

Reply to this Topic
Pads1982

Jun 09

Pads1982 says:

Wow

Getting wound up about the difference between uk and England, well worth it. Coming from one of the smaller countries or principalities in the union?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices