Skip to content

Discuss This Video: French Journalist has FJR1300 accident General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Video: French Journalist has FJR1300 accident

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Video: French Journalist has FJR1300 accident

One of MCN's French colleagues from Moto journal had an unfortunate accident last week while out testing the new Yamaha FJR1300. While riding down a pier, he inadvertently clipped one of his pannier off a bollard, which was just enough to send him out of control... The journalist escaped luckily, with just bruising and an injured thumb.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (05 December 2012 15:42)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
biker1473

Apr 09

biker1473 says:

Cats' whiskers

As an FJR1300 owner, one of the things I like about it is that the mirrors are like cats' whiskers - if the mirrors won't fit through a gap then neither will the panniers; if the mirrors do fit, then so will the rest of the bike. I wonder if he was thinking at that exact moment: "Good thing this bollard is small - any taller and I would have cracked the mirror on it." ;-) On the plus side at least he wasn't badly hurt - could have been serious or even deadly if he'd gone in the water with the bike on top of him. And also, I now know just how strong the panniers themselves are. ;-)

Reply to this Topic
sar02

Aug 10

sar02 says:

Why was he riding that close to the quay and wasn,t it LUCKY someone had a camera on him!!!.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices