Skip to content

General Passed Module 2 in the snow! General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Passed Module 2 in the snow!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

scott111193

May 12

scott111193 says:

Passed Module 2 in the snow!

I am very happy, all i have been thinking about since my failed first attempt at module 2 is passing, i can hardly believe it's actually happened lol. :biggrin:

Best of all, my test took place during a heavy snowfall. Wet and freezing cold, Brilliant! :tongue:

So glad it's over!

Now for the first big bike. :smile

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (05 December 2012 20:26)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
chriscg

Jan 10

chriscg says:

nice one

if u can ride well in thoese conditions you are going to love the summer on your big bike.:laugh:

take it steady to start with ,build up your skills gradually. But enjoy it,bikes are so much fun.

Reply to this Topic
scott111193

May 12

scott111193 says:

What bike am I gonna get

Suzuki GS500 

Suzuki SV650 
Honda CBF600
Yamaha Fazer 600
Honda VFR 400
Honda CBR600

Still thinking about it, but these come to mind. The GS500 is only £324 a year to insure. 

Scott 

Reply to this Topic
AlbertHerring

Nov 09

Good time to buy

... as long as you don't mind spending the next few months looking at it rather than riding it much. Assuming you're enthusiastic and hard enough not to want to give in to mere hypothermia, I reckon that it would almost certainly be worth getting something cheap and old and tatty and low-insurance for now - something you won't worry so much about dropping (you will...) and getting covered in salt this winter. Which would mean the GS off that list, I guess.

Reply to this Topic
YorkshireSheep

Nov 12

I'm still on my 125cc

I've got a 125 varadaro that I'm still pootling around on for two reasons:

1) can't afford to replace it as I'm still job hunting
2) if I drop it over the winter I won't be as upset as doing so with a new bike.

steady away in the bad weather. :)

Reply to this Topic
chriscg

Jan 10

chriscg says:

restricted?

if so a 2 cylinder restricts best.

if not a 4 cyclinder is smoother.a fairings nice to for protection and high speed stability.

also, Have a sit on a few and see if you like to sit upright like the cbf,or be slightly foward like the cbr?

hoarses for coarses on what bike,ah what a lovely position to be in:wink:

Reply to this Topic
tulipsam

Apr 09

tulipsam says:

well done matey

bet your over the moon :biggrin:

I have got a GS500 restricted and its not a bad little bike a good work horse as ride to work every day. Like you say cheapt to insure and even better on fuel.

Just becareful on the condition as they are ex training bikes, so some are ragged badly.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

congrats

bandit? lol..congrats on passing.  My bandit is ace to ride now i have a few mods to it.  My zzr hates the cold as she is parked in workshop, bandit fired up no problems after three weeks not being touched (-4 for a few nights)..zzr is being abiatch!

Reply to this Topic
scott111193

May 12

scott111193 says:

I dropped my pulse adrenaline

Funny story actually. Twas the night before module one. I was riding home from my mum's across town at about 21.00. The roads were wet and very cold. As I was approaching a small brick roundabout, I cautiously took the normal procedure and got down to low speed and started to steer the bike very smoothly... 

No chance! The back wheel gradually stepped out and unfortunately too far for the front wheel to handle so the bike went down and slid halfway across the road. I got straight up and picked the bike up, went to ride off then noticed the handle bars were completely screwed, so I pushed the bike home. Only a bruised hip and had to buy some new bars and grips, oh and a concussed confidence in the wet lol. 

Next day passed my module 1 with no minors. Happy days! Lol 

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

nice one....

congratulations.............

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale