You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > bar risers

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

albundy123

Dec 12

albundy123 says:

bar risers

Hi guys, I own a 99 triumph sprint st 955 & I'm thinking of fitting some risers. Are they difficult to fit? & do they make much difference to the comfort & handling? It looks like the maximum they can raise the bars is only an inch or so without fouling the fairing. Is that inch enough to make a difference? ( no rude comments please!! :tongue: )

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (06 December 2012 15:54)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

risers

An inch or two will be a waste of money,tried this on a X11 (naked blackbird) ,i used to be head down arse up but now it`s the other way.I like the muscle bikes and just recently bought a custom enfield.:shock:

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

1 inch

1 or 2 inches will make a surprising amount of difference.

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

1" or 2"

eatcs01,were talking bar risers.

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

risers

Just remembered (age thing) it was the faired Blackbird i tried the heli-bars on,with no joy tried the X11 with a more upright position but still arm/shoulder ache (age thing again). 

Reply to this Topic
oscarthegrouch

Oct 05

Just be careful

:biggrin:you have enough slack in the cables and brake line otherwise a simple job will turn into a nightmare

Reply to this Topic
albundy123

Dec 12

albundy123 says:

risers

Cheers oscar, the ones I'm looking at are 28mm. According to the website they can be bolted on without affecting cables or changing the brake line.:huh: I think I'm gonna give em a try.If I don't like them, you'll probly see them on ebay soon!

Reply to this Topic
oscarthegrouch

Oct 05

No probs

done a few bikes with various bar raisers and mx style bars the worst was a 400 bandit which went from clip ons to wide mx bars ......that was a pig had to make all control cables also lenghten all switchgear cables and new brake line ....twas a pain in the arse but i've seen the ones you mean which just bolt on to the top yolk ??? am i right ?

plus if you go to extreme sometimes lockstops need modifying too :(

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices