Skip to content

Discuss This Bike brands top theft league General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Bike brands top theft league

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Bike brands top theft league

Motorcycle and scooter brands are top in a league of vehicle makes most likely to be stolen.  Researchers compared the number of vehicles on the road from car and motorcycle manufacturers to the number recorded as stolen on the Police National Computer. They found the 12 brands with the highest theft rates were all makes of motorcycle. The first non-bike maker, Mercedes, was at 13. The top...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (06 December 2012 16:10)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

Reply.......

Amazes me it does all the troubles we human's have to contend with on a daily basis.

Who would steal one of these `SNOTTER'S'? Think about it.

Whoever steals mopeds aren't as stupid as you think,simply because they're stolen to order and they sell.

These SNOTTER'S,will find themselves shipped off to the likes of Taiwan,India,Malaysia,etc countries where people don't have much and SNOTTER'S rule supreme for economic reasons.

Really,you should have known.......

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Might as well be a "How often do bikes get used?" survey

Garage-queen posers gonna hate, but Lexmotos et al get nicked because they're owned by people who ride them every day.

Reply to this Topic
ramparts

Nov 05

ramparts says:

Stolen vehicles >>>

I think the most likely to be stolen are those used for commuting and those which are the lightest.  Heavy motorcyles need more effort to steal and greater organisation.   Lightweight scooters can easily be lifted by 2 pieces of scum and shoved in back of van.  You'd need extra scum to handle a large motorcycle and probably someone else with a medium-sized brain to guide them.

The cheaper machinery tends not to have immobilisers or alarms making them an easy target and as has already been rightly mentioned, if you use them a lot for commuting they are likely to be parked away from, and out of sight and earshot of, the reasonable security of the owners residence for long periods.

I think we should all invisibly mark our bikes so that we can trace them when stolen and then visibly mark the offenders.  Grrr.

Reply to this Topic
Carlosoul

Jul 08

Carlosoul says:

If you have my...

Fireblade anyone out there lets just forget the past, give it back, I wont tell the law, we might even start a new friendship and be best of mates.

Or I might just smash ya face in............. repeatedly...... it could go either way, lets see what happens when we meet  :)  X

Reply to this Topic
RICHARD545

Sep 10

RICHARD545 says:

Bebobobob

Ktm, Honda,suzukji AND BmW are all car manufactureres

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Good Idea?

Maybe Daimler-Benz should buy MV Agusta and go MotoGP racing?

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

@ Grumpyoldtechie

Well, that bike looks like a copy of the "metric" mini-cruisers from the Japanese manufacturers that are most often found at MSF BRC (Motorcycle Safety Foundation Basis Rider Course) classes.

www.lexmoto.co.uk/DFE125L.php

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

@ fogie

Speaking of theft, did you steal snev’s dog?  ; )

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

piglet ...

I thought that as well!

Reply to this Topic
JUtona675

Oct 12

JUtona675 says:

Insurance drop...???

Great no Triumph listed....so my Tona insurance should be a lot lower...:lol: