You are in... Forums > General > General > so anyway my mum died

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

scorps

Jan 03

scorps says:

so anyway my mum died

bit of a shitter really although she stopped talking to me after I informed her that she was going to be a great grandmother and my daughter uninvited her from her wedding because my father was invited and my mum said she had to choose between them.

What really has upset me though is that she actually died in August and I only found out last night when someone thought it was about time I was told after discovering I hadnt got a clue. The thing about my mum is that every time she had a problem with me, my sister followed suite and ignored me too. I can not believe that she didnt think it was important to let me know. I normally pick up the phone and offer out an olive branch during one of my outcast phases but this time Id had enough of being ignored for no reason so was waiting to see how long I would have to wait for my mother to do the right thing and call me to apologise, Im not sure how Im feeling, shocked I expect but not distraught as I have learned not to ever rely on either of them for any kind of support or affection so maybe thats why I dont feel much, I think I am not being petty when I say I will never forgive my sister or speak to her ever again:upset:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (07 December 2012 19:02)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

So sorry to hear that scorps

not sure you ever get over sh*t like that tbh, in time you mellow a bit,coming from a fcuked up family i can simpathize.

Take care and ride safe.

unit.

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

Sorry to hear that Scorps...

...I thought you was the 'Mum'. Certainly seem to be proud of your talented daughter (has she got a Sister you ignore?) it's a shame when families fall out (most do to some degree). but it doesn't seem to be genetic in your case. 

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

Hey Scorps

not sure what to say really.

Just make sure you don't replicate their mistakes and I'm sure you are a better person than that already.

Take care and I'm sure you are hurting deep inside but grieve and let it go xx

Reply to this Topic
scorps

Jan 03

scorps says:

im fine

both my daughters are fine, eeldest is transfering to odiham or however you spell it and youngest has moved up here and working in a studio in Aberdeen and doing well. Ive never treated my daughters like my mother treated me, my sister can rot in hell for all I care.

Reply to this Topic
Amateurcynic

Jun 09

Amateurcynic says:

Can't think of

Any words...

Feel for you.

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

don't carry

grudges just move on x

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

Scorps..

I can sympathise with ya.....  when i hear my Mother has died it will be a blessed relief...... :upset:  harsh but true. 

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Damn, Scorps...

That's a rough tale all round.   You  have my condolences.   It's unbelievable that nobody told you right away, or even before the end if there was some notice of her decline.   Seems like they proved themselves worthy of not being worth your attention in the biggest way possible.

I don't know if this link is of any relevance or use to you - it's been spot on for someone very important in my life.

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

So sorry

that you found out in this way.  That's pretty shocking.

We all fall out from time to time, but I'm sure you would have called to wish her the best for Christmas - that would have been a terrible time to find out.

You take care of you and yours x

Reply to this Topic
chriscg

Jan 10

chriscg says:

what

a sad tale.Its cerianly not easy with most families however your sister is unbelievable.

Im sorry your mums past away.

i really feel she should have been able to put aside any differences and just give you a call. nobody wants to make a phone call like that but u get it done,just because its what u should do.

Take time,reflect,dont torture yourself.very important that last bit

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices