You are in... Forums > General > General > so anyway my mum died

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

scorps

Jan 03

scorps says:

so anyway my mum died

bit of a shitter really although she stopped talking to me after I informed her that she was going to be a great grandmother and my daughter uninvited her from her wedding because my father was invited and my mum said she had to choose between them.

What really has upset me though is that she actually died in August and I only found out last night when someone thought it was about time I was told after discovering I hadnt got a clue. The thing about my mum is that every time she had a problem with me, my sister followed suite and ignored me too. I can not believe that she didnt think it was important to let me know. I normally pick up the phone and offer out an olive branch during one of my outcast phases but this time Id had enough of being ignored for no reason so was waiting to see how long I would have to wait for my mother to do the right thing and call me to apologise, Im not sure how Im feeling, shocked I expect but not distraught as I have learned not to ever rely on either of them for any kind of support or affection so maybe thats why I dont feel much, I think I am not being petty when I say I will never forgive my sister or speak to her ever again:upset:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (07 December 2012 19:02)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

aehewitt...

I take it your Mum is suffering....go round and give her a big hug and apologise....may not be anything specific,but don't be like me and think of all the things you could have said sorry for when she was alive,when it's too late.

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

if it is possible to

form a picture of someone from a distant, occasional post of some random internet forum, then i get the distinct impression that you are a proud mother, clearly caring for her offspring........My wife has a very difficult relationship with her mother, which i find really odd, but i can sympathise with how things were, though the sister scenario seems unforgiveable!  All the best, and hope you are able to tend to your 'flock' this Christmas....

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

Sprag

some wise words posted.

Hope you find it in your heart to forgive

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

stevebaldy...

..everything is forgivable....it really is. Unforgiveness hurts everyone.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

Vulc

It is sad... but when she goes maybe my Dad and my sister`s just might be able to mend a few very broken bridges.

Scorps i feel for ya i really do.....

SL,that's a very interesting read..

Reply to this Topic
KrismusSikpunz

Mar 12

So very sad yet so common..

for families to tear themselves apart. Nothing we say can help, I hope in time the rift heals before it is too late.

Reply to this Topic
scorps

Jan 03

scorps says:

i read that link

the golden child and scapegoat rung true for me, there is nothing to forgive as my sister is now dead to me. My life will go on as normal, my daughters will continue to make me proud and I will enjoy my grandchildren, they will never go through what I did. im not grieving, nor will I.

Reply to this Topic
paulderekjohnson

Feb 08

Scorps

I only have one thing to add....

Something upbeat

:smile

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

scorps

Sorry to hear about your mum.:upset:

It doesn't sound likely at the moment ...but I hope in time you can heal the rift with your sister - life is too short.

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

Sorry to read about this, scorps.

What a shock to find out so much later. I'm glad you have your own lovely family, safe and sound to care for and I hope the hurt eases in time, even if you can't ever forgive.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices