You are in... Forums > General > General > so anyway my mum died

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

scorps

Jan 03

scorps says:

so anyway my mum died

bit of a shitter really although she stopped talking to me after I informed her that she was going to be a great grandmother and my daughter uninvited her from her wedding because my father was invited and my mum said she had to choose between them.

What really has upset me though is that she actually died in August and I only found out last night when someone thought it was about time I was told after discovering I hadnt got a clue. The thing about my mum is that every time she had a problem with me, my sister followed suite and ignored me too. I can not believe that she didnt think it was important to let me know. I normally pick up the phone and offer out an olive branch during one of my outcast phases but this time Id had enough of being ignored for no reason so was waiting to see how long I would have to wait for my mother to do the right thing and call me to apologise, Im not sure how Im feeling, shocked I expect but not distraught as I have learned not to ever rely on either of them for any kind of support or affection so maybe thats why I dont feel much, I think I am not being petty when I say I will never forgive my sister or speak to her ever again:upset:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (07 December 2012 19:02)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
oscarthegrouch

Oct 05

Scorps

Sorry to hear your news ..... my condolences to you

Reply to this Topic
morris987@btinternet.com

Dec 08

they say

time heals, but who the fuck are they, they know nothing of bitter family rifts that can and do last the life time of siblings, so very sad but all to often the greed,envy and pure hatred take away the love and respect we all should feel for our own kith and kin, pretty much the same sort of bitterness in my family, which has now lasted for over 27 years and will probably last until the final breath, like you scorps i chose to input my devotion to my own family and let them all go fuck themselves, im sure you will come to terms with it and regardless of whatever any body else says your way is the only way, bless you and good luck as you plough your furrows in life.

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

When the old bat...

does die i hope the funeral is on a beautiful sunny day.Because the ride up to the Crem is fantastic.....:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
parapanfan

Apr 06

parapanfan says:

Scorps

What you are feeling is the loss of the mother/daughter realtionship that you had hoped for but never had.

Now that your mother is dead you are mourning the the fact that now it will never happen.

Like Aehewitt my relationship with my mother hit the rocks many years ago and the news of her death when it happens will only serve to lighten my life and remove the burden of misery she has delighted in inflicting on me at every opportunity.

Chin up girl - you can draw a veil over it now and know that she can play no further part in your life - unless you allow it.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices