Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

jamie95

Nov 12

jamie95 says:

2 stroke questions

Hello all

this evening i changed my bikes 2 stroke oil, draining the old reservoir by removing the pipes then putting it all back together and filled it up,
Will this be ok or do I need to bleed it or something?
First bike so just checking,
Also the pipe from the 2 stroke reservoir is starting to wear out, and slightly cracking,
Been looking for ages to try find a replacement but can’t find them anywhere, any advise?It is the same connection as this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/APRILIA-RS-50-2-STROKE-O... but don’t want to take the risk of this being in the same condition.
Cheers all

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (07 December 2012 23:49)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
r6buz

May 05

r6buz says:

Bleed!

2 Stroke pump is not self priming (will not pump air through) and must be bled. As suggested earlier, there is a srew to be removed untill oil runs clear.

Adding oil to the petrol makes it thicker and therefore slower to pass through the carb jets. This will make the engine run lean and do more harm than good.

Regarding which oil to use, look on the back of the bottle. You should see JASO FC. Japanese Automotive Standards Organisation. FC or FD (better) will be fine but the cheaper stuff is FB and not up to scratch. Mixing them is ok so no need to drain, but don't go crazy with something like Castrol A747, which is genuine racing stuff and not suitable in a road bike.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices