You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Clothing > Aria helmet side pod problems

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

TOFFEE72

Jul 10

TOFFEE72 says:

Aria helmet side pod problems

I have an Aria Viper GT helmet which is now 4 years old but cost over £400 new. 

I'm not sure if it's just me but I've always found the quick release visor a right pain and struggle with it. In fact where it fits broke while touring Scotland alone a couple of years ago meaning I spent half the tour with the visor taped on with gaffa tape. When I returned the dealer I bought it from sent it back to be repaired which it was and for free.

However when replacing a visor recently I broke one of the side pod clips so have just bought a couple of new ones as the come as a pair(not cheap at £30) but when I clip it on it comes off really easy and I'm not sure if this is a problem with the pod or the helmet. I can't get the  helmet sent back through the dealer again as they no longer exists. Does anyone know where I could send it to be repaired or who to contact?

If it wasn't such an expensive helmet I'd be tempted to give up on it and buy a new one

Sadly this will be the first and last Arai helmet I buy mainly because of the visor issues as otherwise it's a good helmet but the visor release system drives me nuts!!

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 December 2012 13:08)

Post a message in Clothing

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
si1981

Feb 09

si1981 says:

arai

have wan too bust mine just order pair new pods bit read instructions tho the clips break easy if force it on wrong. could be that youre side plates are the problem or just not putting visor on right. Mine seems be ok had it for 4 years too system takes while get hang of..

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices