You are in... Forums > General > General > Caught speeding

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Caught speeding

Well, I knew it was coming. Supposedly 48 in a 30 but I'm completely certain it's actually a 40. If they classed it as a 30 they'll have had everyone going down there that day.

Anyhoos.... they've let me off with just a warning letter. A relief I did not expect. I'm sure it'll be on file so they'll nail me next time. West Yorkshire Police if anyone's interested.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (09 December 2012 13:10)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
norris

Nov 02

norris says:

You're lucky

Not North Yorks..

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

phileidiot....

not Wakefield and surrounding area by any chance....I think they've bought up all the scameras in the Country....it's unlikely they would let you off with a warning if you were so far over, so it probably was a 40...vulcanrider...we're supposed to assume that unless there's signs saying different it'll be 30.I found that out on my 'potential serial killer retraining course'.:blink:

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

A warning...

You lucky bugger........  

Oldish..'potential serial killer retraining course'.....:lol:

Reply to this Topic
stevedeejay

Aug 09

stevedeejay says:

You should be

locked up mate tut tut your a danger to yourself and da rest of us NOT :winkie::winkie::biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

aehewitt...

Wakefield jail contains some of the most dangerous people in the U.K.but I bet they aren't watched as closely as the motorists in the region.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
mostlyslowly

Apr 09

mostlyslowly says:

oldish/phil

do either of you know if the cameras on the A642(I think) Wakefield rd past coal mining museum and up past Emley transmitter are functional?

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Warning letter.

Sounds like you were reported by a "Community Speed Watch" volunteer group whom the police equip with hi-viz, clip-boards and a portable speed camera. They can only send your registration number to the local police who then send you a warning letter. I have mixed feelings about his lot and real doubts about the accuracy of portable speed cameras.

http://bealocalhero.com/

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

been out on the blackbird again?...

it was around there that I was done (38 in a 30 just before a 40). They did send me a letter with a link address included so I could see myself on film. I never looked seeing as that would have been an admission of guilt.:unsure:

Can't see any cameras on this version,but i was done 3 years ago on the er6. the cameras are every 500 meters now (at least) on all roads into Wakefield.

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

This

I doubt they were dressed up civvies (looking at that site there isn't a scheme for that operating in my area) but I think they were PCSOs by the look of things probably doing a survey in relation to complaints.

The other reason I may have got a warning is that they caught me speeding from the front and then got my plates as I went past.

This was Leeds ring road.

EDIT: As for the speed limit I'll be passing that way tomorrow morning so I shall see.

Reply to this Topic
mostlyslowly

Apr 09

mostlyslowly says:

no, bird in dock atm

was on the v- strom past couple of times that way, just quite easy to go over the limits there.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices