You are in... Forums > General > General > Caught speeding

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Caught speeding

Well, I knew it was coming. Supposedly 48 in a 30 but I'm completely certain it's actually a 40. If they classed it as a 30 they'll have had everyone going down there that day.

Anyhoos.... they've let me off with just a warning letter. A relief I did not expect. I'm sure it'll be on file so they'll nail me next time. West Yorkshire Police if anyone's interested.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (09 December 2012 13:10)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

I hadn't realised before but that link is just for Leicestershire, so your local group won't be on it. I only posted it to describe what they do and how. Really I think you'd have been fined unless it was a Community Speed Watch group.

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

Mostly

You are taking it steady aren't ya....?  :huh:

Reply to this Topic
mostlyslowly

Apr 09

mostlyslowly says:

course, ash

I' m a reformed character, was only going to church:lol:

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

Why

don't i believe you.... it was a cracking day today tho.....sun was very low.I went Christmas shopping....:upset:

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

I'm an idiot

There is a speed watch thing in Leeds. Lots of people going out in their local area to catch their friends and neighbours - something I don't quite get.

Anyhoos, this lot looked more like coppers to be but that said, all they need is some ex cop kit like a jacket and who's to tell the difference at 40......8 miles an hour?

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Local speeders.

That's the thing though, the assumption is always that it is outsiders and rat-runners who are taking the piss, then they find that the speeders are their wives, relatives and neighbours.
:laugh:
There is something about the familiarity of local roads which encourages the A-road dawdlers to keep the speedo at 40 when they reach the village. Bonkers.

Reply to this Topic
NotAnotherHill

Jun 11

I think they changed

The speed limit in the section leading past the National Coal Mining museum a while back. A lot of that road is 50 but there are sections of 40 and 30. I think they reduced it to 30 past that section.

Reply to this Topic
norris

Nov 02

norris says:

Leeds ring road?

Was it on the inner ring road just under the tunnels, as they've got a temp 30 limit there for road works.

Reply to this Topic
Steveyman

Jan 08

Steveyman says:

No consistency

I just don't trust these speed limits and cameras anymore.

On the A45 a dual carriageway and was 60 limit, because of works for the airport extension the speed limits have been changed to 40 (road work speed limits)

75% of drivers completely ignore the 40 signs and do 60 even through two of the cameras, they do slow down for another camera approaching traffic lights.

I just get the feeling that when I decide I might as well join them and do what was the correct speed limit, bumf flash and I get copped doing 60 in a 40.

Is the highway code worth the paper its written on or what? Why change the limit it there is no one enforcing it.

Is a speed camera a yellow box deterrant or a camera? If it is not working it should have a cover over it.

I don't agree with intentional speeding such as 40 in a 30 but when it's not clear or you get done in a grey area,(Like road work reduced speed limit signs left out when there are no road works) I really do think the system sucks.:mad:

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Odd

The letter I got from the scamera people came in a hand written envelope with a stamp?!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices