Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi has nothing to prove on Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi has nothing to prove on Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi has nothing to prove on Yamaha return

Valentino Rossi has nothing to prove when he makes a return to Yamaha in 2013. After a nightmare two-year spell with Ducati in which the Italian failed to get close to recording a victory in 35 appearances, the 33-year-old will make his hugely anticipated return to a factory YZR-M1 machine next season. With his career stats and reputation taking a battering in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (10 December 2012 09:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

rev

is rossi your new love or have you just found love for him again?.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

paulthew

We'll see :).   

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Rev

Rossi's wasted two precious years of his career rotting on the Ducati dung-heap, but thankfully he's strong enough to bounce back and compete at the top again

-----------------------------------------

Stoner wasted 3 precious years aboard the Duke and went onto better things so yeah, i agree bud, after only 2yrs 'wasted', Vale should easily bounce back and compete at the top again. :) 

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Rose coloured specs..

Other than Laguna Seca and Catalunya, what thrill has Rossi given us in the last 5 years that other's haven't?..

Reply to this Topic
paulthew

Aug 11

paulthew says:

Pacey Casey...snore

Gee, that reply was enlightening...

Btw, Casey has retired, you know. I'm just wondering how long you're going to fly the Stoner flag? As long Rossi continues, perhaps?
Moving on, I think Marquez was the one for the Ducati; very fast, and very young. I think his youthfulness  would've enabled him to come to terms with riding the Ducati, as did Casey. Remember, he was very fast but only 22. I have this theory that the longer one has ridden the other machines, the less one is prepared to adapt, or can adapt, to the Ducati.
Anyway, one can understand why he chose the Honda, and I'm really looking forward to the Lorenzo/Pedrosa/Rossi/Marquez battles. Crutchlow is flying, too. And a few more, besides.
Looks like the making of a great year. Such a pity Casey's not there. Imagine the fireworks!
Still, I'm sure PaseyCasey will enlighten us all with what WOULD have happened if he was riding. Lol!

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Rev.

Nice ...... but you realise that Nostro will put a negative spin on that to denounce Rossi,

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

rev

yep i do stand corrected i just missed dovi in that picture as i know how much you admire him ect ect(what are your realistic expectations there btw?), but for the record rossi will make next season more of a spectical at certain rounds where he is mega confident,right tyre in the front and he;ll be up there for sure and good for the series as fans(real race fans!!1lol), i do hope we see a rossi vs cal battle which i will enjoy as personally i think we need to see a good battle next year or 2 as run aways are just boring(q moto 2 and wsbk/bsb), rossi will bounce back im sure but failing as he did imo on the ducati with more available than stoner had at the time will and cant be changed now. but results are results and us fans wont ever change that either.amen rev 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Well

Next test we will have to see hopefully dry testing so we can see who is really see who is on the pace regardless of what's under them.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

paulthew

That's all your post deserved bud zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I'll fly the Stoner flag along with others flying Vales flag. Problem?  You  have your view and i have mine and never the twain shall meet i guess. Lawson was my first love and Casey my second. So it may be a while yet for my third. As for enlightening, not exactly at the forefront are you????????? Oh well, none of us are perfect bud :)  

Reply to this Topic
paulthew

Aug 11

paulthew says:

As we were debting an issue, and you seemed pretty talkative, I did figure my post deserved an answer, but maybe a coherant argument is too much for you? Whatever.

Not do I have a problem with you flying the Stoner flag...but he's no longer riding, while Rossi is. Note the difference? It's not o much a 'problem', as wondering what the motivation is, and from your comments, I'd suggest it's simply to be anti-rossi.

Whatever get's you though the night I guess, but it's still a bit sad, eh? 

As for my comment about your 'enlightening' response, that's called sarcasm, bud.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices