Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi has nothing to prove on Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi has nothing to prove on Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi has nothing to prove on Yamaha return

Valentino Rossi has nothing to prove when he makes a return to Yamaha in 2013. After a nightmare two-year spell with Ducati in which the Italian failed to get close to recording a victory in 35 appearances, the 33-year-old will make his hugely anticipated return to a factory YZR-M1 machine next season. With his career stats and reputation taking a battering in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (10 December 2012 09:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

Up to him

Its all very well Massimo saying he has nothing to prove, but I doubt VR will see it that way, and I also doubt some of his fans and critics will see it that way either.  Certainly hs career statistics and prowess as a top level racer can never be questioned, but after that bad spell with Ducati you have to think that VR will want to come out fighting and winning again to prove that he still had/has it, and that Casey really was just the enigma that made the flawed desmo a regular winner and that given the right tools he is still a world beater.

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

well he has already proven....

That he cant win if he doesnt have the best bike

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

What?

He has everything to prove... he's had 2 years of hell on wheels... if he can't prove his skill in getting results then this is him washed up. Good luck to him, but no-one in racing gets a free ride... every race they're all trying to prove they're the best. He has to prove he can be the best again!

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

well he has already proven....

That he is incapable of developing a motorcycle.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Yes POR...

... we all know what he has proven in the past, & his successes (9 world titles) stack up favourably against his failures... but this is about the future, not about what has happened, & what he has to prove he is capable of (which is racing, where it counts) not what he isn't.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Aajkz

Feb 10

Aajkz says:

So sad

It's sad to see that people are so quick to forget his achievements and the last 10 years of grand prix racing. PoR to name but one...
He has nothing to prove in terms of his career. If he never wins again he will still have 9 world titles, 7 in the premier class, he will still have done things on a motorcycle we can only marvel at, much like the future that is MM.
What he does have to prove, and what I imagine he wants to prove, is that he still has it. Time will tell.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Aajkz...

"He has nothing to prove in terms of his career."

I think he'd like to be statistically the GOAT rather than just labelled it by his fans... I do think it unlikely though.

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

The goat

I have got to aggree Rossi has nothing to prove. I have been watching racing for over 40 years and he is the best i have seen particulary mentally. Their might have been riders of equal ability such as Stoner, Biagi ect But Where are they now. Even if he doesnt win next season he has nothing to prove. he has already achieved every thing. The only riders that will beat him next year will be Lorenzo and Pedrosa. All you Knockers out their might have to eat your words and admit how good he is next season. But it will be just like when Casey wasnt cutting it  on the track all you do is just go quiete  

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Maybe he will prove he's a

Bumder

Reply to this Topic
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

Of course he does

There's always been talk of him winning as much as he did because of the lack of talent in the rest of the field over the early years.  Not true anymore.  Now, the 250 graduates are raised in a manner fitting to riding these "high corner speed" style bikes.  Regardless of his career wins and titles, he has to prove that he's still a contender on what is probably the 2nd best bike on the grid.  Hopefully there's more power and an equivalently capable tranny as the Honda has to give him a fighting chance.  I always believe he had a 6th sense when it comes to riding but that dissipates with age (it did with me) so I hope he does well.  I still believe he's deserving of a factory ride but there's some young blood out there that want it bad.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices