Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi has nothing to prove on Yamaha return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi has nothing to prove on Yamaha return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi has nothing to prove on Yamaha return

Valentino Rossi has nothing to prove when he makes a return to Yamaha in 2013. After a nightmare two-year spell with Ducati in which the Italian failed to get close to recording a victory in 35 appearances, the 33-year-old will make his hugely anticipated return to a factory YZR-M1 machine next season. With his career stats and reputation taking a battering in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (10 December 2012 09:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

P........hew or something

Firstly, we were not debating anything bud(FAIL on your part), you attempted to belittle me re-my post. You figured your post warranted a worthy response(FAIL again), i figured differently bud. So far you're winning by 2 FAILS to none. 

Can we stop this now please because i'm kinda certain that one of us is boring the fucking arse off the other.   

Reply to this Topic
paulthew

Aug 11

paulthew says:

Happy to stop.

Thought I was dealing with an adult.

My mistake.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Rev...

"To me, it highlights Rossi's huge mental toughness in dealing with the dismal Ducati years. Scott Russell's account shows the enormous impact that riding on rubbish can have on even the very best riders. Sadly, Russell never recovered."

Remember that Rossi hasn't recovered yet... he's yet to put in a single fast lap on the bike... Stoner came back after 4 years on a bike no-one else could ride & won again but I think learnt a lot while he was there... after only 2 years with the same team Rossi says that "They say that if you get through a difficult spell you get stronger. We'll have to see. In my opinion, it hasn't taught me anything,"... can he pull himself back to winning ways like Stoner did?... we shall see.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Children...

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Aye Rev...

... & we've heard him enthused & motivated before...

Rossi - "I’m happy because first impressions are important, and already in the first few laps, I could tell that I like the bike. Ducati did a good job in a just a short time. The bike is beautiful, but more importantly, it’s nice to ride."

... results count & will show his true mental toughness.

I mention Stoner because he was in a similar situation 2 years ago & actually achieved what many are hoping Rossi will do, proving it can be done... riding for Ducati isn't always a career wrecker & it can lead to future titles... there is hope.

Reply to this Topic
paulthew

Aug 11

paulthew says:

they're tough, mate...

Mental toughness?

Not so sure on that one. I think winning nine world championships indicates a pretty decent level of mental toughness. I mean, did you not see his overtaking pass of Stoner at Laguna Seca way back when?

Remember, even Stoner himself was criticized for his lack of 'mental toughness' too, and we saw how he answered that with his high-speed pass of Lorenzo at the same circuit in 2011!

I don't think mental toughness is an issue with any of them; just riding the things takes huge balls, and this lot races 'em!

It's a combination of many things (including luck - Ben Spies, anyone?), but a lack of mental toughness is not something I'd be suggesting with this lot.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Rev...

Both riders returning to a their former brand of Japanese bike after 2 years struggling on the Ducati is certainly a similar situation... we shall see if the similarity continues & Rossi takes a title straight away, but you may be right... perhaps that is a little too much to ask for a 9 times Italian champion.

:blink:

Reply to this Topic
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

prove

rossi does have one thing to prove. that he can bring yamaha some MONEY!

Reply to this Topic
iany69

Dec 12

iany69 says:

Casey Who??

Hedgehog5, you show a lot of audacity putting the two names on the same page. Valentino is already a legend at 33. 9 times world champion, and something else he has that > moaner will never.....charisma. Now let's talk about a few facts that moaner fans haven't seemed to acknowledge yet. First off, he didn't develop the Desmocidici, that honour goes to Loris Capirossi. Moaner joined Ducati the season after Capirossi was denied a Championship by that other whinger, Gibernau. As time went on and Honda hadn't won anything, they were throwing everything they had at the new RV and lo and behold Lacey Moaner fell on his feet again. He got a bike which had been developed by Nicky Hayden and financially backed by the world's biggest and wealthiest Motorcycle company. Now he's retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. Never compare what that little Aus twerp has done to what Valentino has achieved.

Reply to this Topic
paulthew

Aug 11

paulthew says:

I Love Rossi/I Hate Casey...no, Iove Casey...erm...not I hate Casey, er....

Casey and Rossi on the same page?

Why not? With due respect to Lorenzo, I think both of them were ahead of the pack.

Casey was pretty well unbeatable on the Honda in 2011, and had the tyre chatter issue been sorted out earlier this year, who knows where he or Pedrosa would have finished. Maybe even a first and second? He seemed to be just that bit faster than anyone else.

As for Rossi, his wins and championships speak for themselves, and he was certainly ahead of the rest up to the Lorenzo and Stoner/Honda era. 

I think they are pretty close in may ways. I wish Casey had dumped the Ducati earlier, as I think he would've added at least one other world title if he had been riding a Honda or Yamaha, and I wish Rossi hadn't gone to Ducati, as he was still at the height of his powers, albeit facing very fast new blood in Lorenzo.

But, it is what it is. From your disparaging comments about 'moaner' (yeah, I think he whined too much as well, but none of us are perfect), I think you're just another one of the 'love rossi/hate stoner' (swap where applicable) brigade.

In other words, a bit of a chump. 

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle