Skip to content

Discuss This Chances running out for under-24s to do Direct Access General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Chances running out for under-24s to do Direct Access

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Chances running out for under-24s to do Direct Access

Only a few chances remain for under-24-year-olds to do a single Direct Access bike test for an unrestricted motorcycle licence. Riders currently have to be 21 for Direct Access but the minimum age is rising.  The DSA said: ‘Test slots are now nearly fully booked until January 19, when the new rules come into force.’ Younger riders are also affected. Those aged...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (10 December 2012 09:47)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
speedy231278

Jun 10

speedy231278 says:

Outrageous!

Meanwhile, a 17 year old kid with millionaire parents can pass their test and drive a Bugatti Veyron!

When are they going to stop picking on bike riders and treat everyone equally?  I've been riding with a full licence since 2003, but I'd still need to do a hazard perception test before I can do a car test.  Do they think 10 years of having car drivers trying to flatten me with their ineptitude means I have no concept of danger?

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

my girlfriend is rushing to do this, and has a lot of stress as she only has one chance to pass, her first part got cancelled last week due to the weather which doesn't help. Pretty ridiculous considering all she wants is a triumph scrambler! It's not as though she is going to go out and buy a hayabusa straight away

Reply to this Topic
Robell

Aug 02

Robell says:

I'm not usually one for conspiracy theories, but it does seem that the plan is to discourage anyone from bikes, which will be a shame - folks who don't ride really don't know what they're missing.

I wonder if the DSA have really thought about how many folk think the A1 license is worth the paper it's written on ?

Reply to this Topic
Rotop

Sep 12

Rotop says:

full power on 8th of jan. you jelly?

Reply to this Topic
ryan5411

Sep 12

ryan5411 says:

That's bullshit , how can the government harp on about cutting red tape and having common sense then introduce this!!!

Reply to this Topic
rockabillyboy

Sep 10

It seems we are of one mind ? , unfair laws & rules for us , stress free & straighforward for 4 wheels . These laws are supposed to come from the E.U. ,so how come the government let in these stupid rules for bikers - but block nasty rules for car drivers , is it because we are a minority OR  we have no motorcycle makers left ,apart from Triumph  ? . Not be long now before motorcycles go the way of the Dodo ! .

Reply to this Topic
TheDodoKiller

Dec 12

If anyone is looking for a test, try booking through a school. I only booked my full test last week, I'm doing mod 1 on 20th, and mod 2 on the 4th. I seem to remember the school saying that there was a glitch around september time, and as such, they were able to book £150,000 worth of tests before January 19th.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Lay off the DSA and Westminster, this is 100% Brussels

The reason that the A1 license looks like a joke is because we have soLo 125 riding.  Don't expect it to last for ever - there's not a hint of it in any Euro directives and sooner or later some miserable Brusselscrat is going to get his Euroknickers in a twist about it.

Reply to this Topic
sar02

Aug 10

sar02 says:

I cannot see the sense in taking multiple tests, the old system worked, just restrict what bhp riders can use to their ages and STOP learners on motorbikes, to drive a car you take lessons then a test so should anyone wanting to ride a bike.

Reply to this Topic
arryace

Apr 10

arryace says:

DAS?

are you lot kidding?

i did my DAS i went from a 125cc to a 1200cc in three days including including the CBT!!!

is this really sufficient time or sufficient training for me to be riding a large engined machine?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices