Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: I don't do trackdays because... General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: I don't do trackdays because...

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: I don't do trackdays because...

More and more people are doing trackdays now, with thousands owning bikes that never even see a road. Many even venture further afield, with a host of companies offering British riders the chance to ride in Spain. But still, there's a large group of riders who have never ridden on track, and have no intention of ever doing so! So, we ask...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (10 December 2012 15:50)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jahagon

Mar 10

jahagon says:

I don't do track days because I ride a Guzzi California. That's not gonna cut the mustard, let's be honest.

Reply to this Topic
daytona mike

Sep 03

daytona mike says:

sutable trackday bike

best thing I saw a BMW K1600GT riding round the outside of everyone inthe novice group on a damp morning at Donnington. Probably had his heated grips and stereo on as well.

Reply to this Topic
Shagrat57

Nov 11

Shagrat57 says:

wrong bike

I'd love to have a go on a track, but I don't have a sports bike, just my 1700 Thunderbird. Although I'd really have a great time blasting around a track on it, I think I'd piss off all the sports bike riders there.

Reply to this Topic
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

well i dont own leathers but just full textiles and would buy a old street figher off ebay for track use as i find sports bikes give me a sore writs

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

I'm not into riding in a great big circle going nowhere....

Reply to this Topic
busterrabbit

Sep 12

busterrabbit says:

I've seen too many instances of riders with greater ambition than ability on the road, I don't want to get taken out by one of these (uninsured) idiots on a track. 

Apparently the average rider covers less than 3,000 miles a year, so many must do even less, presumably only in the dry.  How can any of these riders actually be any good on a bike?  Training courses on a track, like the BMW road riding courses at Cadwell are useful, but trackdays, not for me.   If other people want to explore the limits of their talent and grip, then I don't want to be anywhere near them! 

Reply to this Topic
Bob_1

Feb 05

Bob_1 says:

There Is a Better Way.......

.......go sprinting and find out how fast your bike really is. Track days are all very well for those who never get the chance to open up their bike, you just can't do it on the public highway but a standing-start quarter or even a whole mile is something else. Whichever you choose it should remove temptation when you're on the roads because you know exactly "what it'll do Mister".

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

because....

"I have an addictive personality".  When the sun is shining, your friends are on track and you're cranked over with boots and knees scraping having clipped the perfect apex.  You push the bike upright, get on full gas and grin wider than the suez canal as you brake like a crazed demon for the next corner.  You flick it left and right.  You reach the straight and hammer the gas tucking in as best you can.  Sucking in those love handles as you creep past your mate... who's gonna brake first?  Now, the reason you don't do them is because you're afraid... afraid you'll get hooked!   You will.

Go with no limits and you'll have the best day of your life.  Very safe, rules and groups shuffled accordingly.  No-one wants to chuck their pride & joy down the road!  Just enjoy yourself and have fun.  Before you know it' you'll be booked on a 3 day Euro trip with your pals at Jerez emulatig your heroes.  Perfect weather, beers, birds and ex champions to mingle with...  Nothing like it.

Reply to this Topic
Typhon219

Oct 11

Typhon219 says:

I've done a few track days and not far from me there is also an outdoor go kart track that opens to bikes once a month. I went a couple of months ago to see what it was like and the mix of bikes there was brilliant. I ride a gsxr 750 but am not the fastest (or the slowest) but got overtaken by an instructor on his BMW R1200RT. I was out with a lad on an old 50cc kawasaki bike on one session, and another lad on a 125cc scooter on the next. It doesn't matter what you ride, if you're at the front or the back. Its a safe place to ride with no oncoming cars, potholes or blind bends. dont worry about what you ride or wanabe power rangers trying to race everyone else, just get on tract and enjoy the freedom of riding.

Reply to this Topic
Boult

Mar 07

Boult says:

Did it once

and loved it! Would love to go again - just a case of timing - day off work, money in account, Sun in sky :oD

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices