Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: I don't do trackdays because... General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: I don't do trackdays because...

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: I don't do trackdays because...

More and more people are doing trackdays now, with thousands owning bikes that never even see a road. Many even venture further afield, with a host of companies offering British riders the chance to ride in Spain. But still, there's a large group of riders who have never ridden on track, and have no intention of ever doing so! So, we ask...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (10 December 2012 15:50)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Andy_L

Sep 08

Andy_L says:

poll poll

MCN: can we have a poll on how much of the news section should be made up of polls and you-ask/you-answer instead of actual news?

a) 50%

b) 75%

c) 100%

?

Reply to this Topic
busaman195

Aug 09

busaman195 says:

love to but

Money just can`t afford it by the time you pay for the track day then fuel getting there brakes tyres etc the cost is to much can`t justify it.the cost of biking is to high now.so i choose my roads carefully

Reply to this Topic
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

/

there arre some cheap projects bikes on ebay for under £500  just take off the lights ect and then take it on the track. it would cost more for me to buy a set of leather then buying a scrapper of ebay.  asif you crash it just scrapit and just done

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

Track days

Done a couple of track days a few years ago. Brands on a stock Bandit 600 (scraping the pegs everywhere) and Cadwell on a DR650 homebrewed SM on wets.

Doesn't matter what you've got, it's fine for a trackday. Maybe a more "roadbike" orientated day though. I hope to do one again soon. But what to take?? ZZR600 Nitrous, or BMW R1200GS (with panniers)??

Reply to this Topic
Discopoo

Sep 12

Discopoo says:

Im too fat

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

Mostly due to the weather

and lets face it, your can never be certain of good weather even in the height of summer, and as my Wife's budget won't allow me to have a Track bike with all the trimmings (ie. spare wheels with wets on) then it all comes down to compromise. i did a wet track day in october with road tyres on .bit of a waste of money really. i'd prefer to have good sticky tyres on my road bike and just go out when its sunny.

Reply to this Topic
piroflip

Jul 10

piroflip says:

I prefer to use...........

.............North Wales for my track days.

Head off through the Denbigh moors at legal speed,,,,,,,,,,no coppers about,,,,,,,,,,,,,so hell for leather back the other way. Start at the Sportsmans Arms pub and there's at least 4 miles of road to use. On most of it you can see that nothing is coming the other way and use the whole width of the road. Back and two half a dozen times then off to Lake Brenig for a cuppa.

The goody two shoes types here won't be interested but the real bikers will love it.

Reply to this Topic
wesley01

Feb 10

wesley01 says:

Cost and weather.

Reply to this Topic
chriswren

Jul 09

chriswren says:

You also need: Cause my bike is to noisy for the stupid db restrictions on every sodding track My local track doesn't do bike days cause of the sodding db restrictions and local residents complaining Track days are ace and no one cares if you are shit or you on a road bike in the novice group :)

Reply to this Topic
bird1050

Nov 07

bird1050 says:

money

just can't afford it .

Average cost of track day, insurance, tyres and fuel  is in the hundreds

Track day £100

Insurance £50 plus

fuel £50 plus

tyres £130 plus

Thats a minimum of £330

Then if you trash your bike your buggered for getting home .

Would love to do one just cant afford it.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices