Skip to content

Ask an Expert Bugger bugger got a front flash from a speed camera . Bike accessories

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Bike accessories > Bugger bugger got a front flash from a speed camera .

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

boggey

Dec 12

boggey says:

Bugger bugger got a front flash from a speed camera .

Ok have been riding for 10 years cars for 20 have never made a claim never done any thing wrong now have a double flash from the front ,on the cbr 1000f 1990 was doing about 38 in a 30 was cold frosty late at night just wanted to get home an they are meant to prevent accidents Im worrying ,I pride myself on my clean and nearly filled licence, class 1 and PSV left drive for a living dont drink because of licence is so dear to me .what will happen now:upset: ?

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (10 December 2012 22:19)

Post a message in Bike accessories

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bbstrikesagain

Nov 08

front facing..

..and your reg is?

Count yourself "probably" very lucky.  If it really was a double flash from the front then it doesn't have your reg.  A one off 38 in 30 seems unlikely to trigger serious forensic investigation.  In most areas under 39 means you'd be offered a speed awareness course, dear but better than points.

GATSOs are normally rear facing, so two flashes could have been for a car coming the other way? TRUVELOs are normally front facing but work on sensors on the road, giving just one flash for the reg and mugshot.

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

flash

I agree with bb.You could also put the bike to sleep for 2 months or paint the headlight yellow and change your outfit + lid a different colour for same period.(who said that):roll eyes:

Reply to this Topic
Amateurcynic

Jun 09

Amateurcynic says:

Relax

You'll be fine, have been zapped a couple of times by front facing cameras (was safer to continue making smooth progress than bother to knock a few mph off!) as long as you weren't being daft (30mph+ over limit or pulling a monster wheelie) there's no way they'll bother to chase after you.

Just make sure it doesn't become a habit or you get done by a rear facing one:ph43r:!

Happy Riding:smile 

Reply to this Topic
Rotop

Sep 12

Rotop says:

Yeah... I need to stop speeding.

50 MPH on a motorway or dual carriageway is plain stupid though, I feel like I'm screwing the environment, burning petrol to move so slowly on a wide open long empty road.

Reply to this Topic
DazLoczy

Apr 12

DazLoczy says:

Still on the subject...

...what about average speed cameras on motorways? They always seem to be forward facing, would you get away with those?

Reply to this Topic
stonysleet

Dec 10

stonysleet says:

Average Speed SCameras and a Flash in the Face

Fair play boggey so for treasuring your lience so much, a flash in the face = a flash in the pan nought to worry about so long you dont make a habbit of it.

average speed SCammers on the other hand are for cars and all those with with forward facing number plates we should have a free hand in those places all exept i think the matlock or cat and fiddling bastards where they have put rear scammeras up

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

speeding

In reply to the OP...

HOW do you think "they" might be able to nick you?? Do you have a number plate on the front?? NO.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices