Skip to content

Discuss This Suzuki request MotoGP testing return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Suzuki request MotoGP testing return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Suzuki request MotoGP testing return

Suzuki have re-ignited claims of a 2014 MotoGP return as they today requested permission to partake in selected MotoGP official tests in 2013. The Japanese team, who left the championship for financial reasons in 2011, have long insisted they would return eventually. They had orginially hinted at 2013 wildcard rides, but MotoGP boss Carmelo Ezpeleta has announced that instead they have requested...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (11 December 2012 14:27)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Trumpton3

Feb 08

Trumpton3 says:

more the merrier

As long as they are competitive

Reply to this Topic
GuyGraham

Aug 02

GuyGraham says:

I'm sure they'll be competitive enough to mix it with the CRT's!

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

crt's rule!!!

suzuki had an awsum sounding v4 form past seasons,i just hope they dont do down the crt way and spoil that with an inline 4 effort, v4's are a pure race engine.

Reply to this Topic
bikemad123

Mar 09

bikemad123 says:

an in line 6cyl has got my vote although the rules wont allow it cos motogp is boring

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Still Suzuki lack corporate testicular fortitude

"We'd kind of like to go racing, but not if we're shit and our engines prove unreliable as happened 2011. We would prefer to just dip our toes in the GP waters occasionally on our terms. It has come to our attention that we are rapidly losing market share in the over 500cc sports bike sector. This can be put down to our poor showing in both MotoGP and WSBK. Aided and abetted by our rather dour model line up which is little changed for god knows how many years. This lack of results and profile ultimately impacts across our entire model line up. So we really would like to race, but are just a bit timid and scared to do it properly even though our car division is printing money in Asia.

Reply to this Topic
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

@ow01fogno1

from other reports they have gone to inline 4 for the new motogp bikes

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Yes to testing in 2013 WHEN they sign for racing in 2014.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

A cynical view of Suzuki Nostro - but one with which I cannot disagree.

Reply to this Topic
oily1984

Mar 09

oily1984 says:

A bit off topic but is there anything in the regs stopping an oval piston V4 being used? Honda could make one in the 90's and by all accounts it was an amazing engine but since they only made two race bikes the technology seems to die in its infancy.

If Suzuki could work around the patents it could give them the edge on track and if they released a road bike with that engine it could be what the sales dept need remember how much interest was generated by the crossplane crank?

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

oily1984

Memory is a bit hazy now but I think the bike you refer to is the NR500 V4 four stroke oval piston racer which had 8 valves per cylinder. It was produced by Honda to try and take on the might of the two stroke 500's produced by all the other factories. They could not compete with the two strokes and subsequently replaced it with their NS500 which I think was a V3 engine configuration.  From this they developed their all-conquering and mighty NSR500 on which Mick Doohan won all his titles and on which Rossi won his first title. I think the cost of  producing another oval pistoned engine would be prohibitive and therefore not viable.   I would love to see it though.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices