Skip to content

Discuss This Suzuki request MotoGP testing return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Suzuki request MotoGP testing return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Suzuki request MotoGP testing return

Suzuki have re-ignited claims of a 2014 MotoGP return as they today requested permission to partake in selected MotoGP official tests in 2013. The Japanese team, who left the championship for financial reasons in 2011, have long insisted they would return eventually. They had orginially hinted at 2013 wildcard rides, but MotoGP boss Carmelo Ezpeleta has announced that instead they have requested...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (11 December 2012 14:27)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Oily

HRC's oval piston technology was from the seventies. It was Honda's answer to beating the two strokes. Honda have always seen themselves as a four stroke company.  The GP effort was a disaster, but they had a better run with the oval's in RVF endurance racer guise. 1992 and the limited edition NR750 road bike was the end of this period.

Oval pistons were subsequently banned by the FIM for GP competition.

Ultimately Honda had to eat corporate pride and build two stroke racers. This worked rather well with the famed NS and NSR series racking up titles galore.

Reply to this Topic
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

suzuki

let the teams all return! stop changing the rules

Reply to this Topic
Busaboy1955

Dec 12

Busaboy1955 says:

Honda`s oval piston foray in 500GP`s, was because to beat the two strokes they knew they needed a V8, but the rules only allowed four cylinders. Effectively they paired the cylinders of a V8 making them oval. Suzuki have no need to go down this route as MotoGP rules do not restrict engines to four cylinders. They use different weights for different engine configurations.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Those are old regs Busaboy

As of 2012 for MotoGP maximum 4 cylinders maximum bore 81mm. 2013 minium weight increases 3kg to 160kg

Reply to this Topic
Busaboy1955

Dec 12

Busaboy1955 says:

I stand corrected.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

v4

well im glad my veiw on the v4 is kinda shared and liked, having owned 2 honda v4's myself not as high spec as these tho mind i can see why they do work as my nc30 and vfr 800 all handled very well indeed, as for suzuki really they need the right development rider which aint rossi or pedrosa, id defo give jorge the job there or draft hopper back in with a young gun for support, but japs being japs will give a lucky older wor out effort the job and waste millions. amen.

Reply to this Topic
Busaboy1955

Dec 12

Busaboy1955 says:

I`d agree about Pedrosa, he could`nt develop a cold, but Rossi? Was`nt it him who got Yamaha on the right track in the first place?

Reply to this Topic
bikemad123

Mar 09

bikemad123 says:

busa

well wasnt it stoner who said pedrosa development skills were key to him winning the the title and as far as i can see the honda just keeps getting better and better u stand corrected again  

Reply to this Topic
Ben52

Sep 09

Ben52 says:

Nice

Tell them they can come back as long as the bikes are Sheene replica,s.

Reply to this Topic
Busaboy1955

Dec 12

Busaboy1955 says:

Bikemad, Nostro corrected me on fact. Your`s is just an opinion. Lets see how things stand at the end of next season. A season when Honda won`t have Stoner to sort out their problems.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle