You are in... Forums > General > General > Damn weather

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

Damn weather

the forthcoming weekend,  Saturday is forecast as 21 degrees, Sunday is forecast as 22 degrees

Decision time coming up, should I remove my jacket's liner and go out Saturday or Sunday ? defo remove the liner, or should we go out both days or even ride off somewhere for the weekend ? I'll be out with the Triumph on Friday anyway while the dragon is 'working'

Decisions decisions :sunglasses:

http://weather.uk.msn.com/tenday.aspx?wealocations=wc:SPXX0165&q=Benidorm%2c+ESP+forecast:tenday

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (11 December 2012 17:13)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

weather

Sunny,21 degrees,ON YOUR BIKE.:huh:

Reply to this Topic
morris987@btinternet.com

Dec 08

well ive

just seen a real life brass monkey, and worst of all he was looking fer a welder.

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

Now Chris

you know being an engineering type you can't weld brass you can braze it, solder it but not weld it :wink: doesn't the cold do strange things to metal ? I remember being in minus 17 in Germany when my cupola mounted GPMG went into slow mode while firing blanks on an exercise, the rear door on the Spartan wouldn't open, and when we did eventually get it open with sledge hammers it wouldn't close again. COLD ? no more ta I was designed for warmer climes and staying in this one for as long as possible :sunglasses: Wot you doing this weekend ? not long though till we see your white knees in shorts in this locale eh :biggrin: the Heartbreak is waiting to welcome you again but be sure to wear the 'right shirt' if you bump into Filepe :wink: shame you're not here this weekend for the Harley thingy at the Heartbreak, I'll poke the Vulcan in amongst em and none will notice from a distance and after a few beers it'll not matter anyway :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
morris987@btinternet.com

Dec 08

braze

but of course, but he was holding some plum like things welded or brazed , its all to do with heat. and we aint got fcukall like heat here.

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

Engineering principles

heavy engineering that is, heavy as in the days of Admiral Lord Nelson, big guns, big bangs big damage !  'cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey' different metals shrink at differing rates in minus degrees, the 'monkey' was the brass plate that iron cannon balls were stacked on. In minus temperatures the brass shrank quicker than the iron balls thus causing said balls to fall off the brass monkey hence the saying. Basic engineering, the kind of things you learn as an apprentice boilermaker in HM Dockyard Devonport, Plymouth. Quite an interesting subject if you're into it, I wasn't and couldn't wait to finish the 5 years and bugger off into the wider world but I have to hand it to the men (real hard men) in the naval dockyards of the 1960's, skills like you can only now imagine, skills now lost forever to the Japs and Chinese shipyards never to be regained, it's a shame because Britain's history and victories over our ememies were gained largely off the backs of those men of heavy industry.

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

Jaffa

yes I think we may well be 'on our bike' next weekend :smile

Reply to this Topic
babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

well thanks

for that snippet about you being on the bike ya cnut, i have glimpsed mine a few times while checking things like optimate and temperature in the shed,

ya lousy swine.

senor weller

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle