You are in... Forums > General > General > iced up visor

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

MadKwakaMax

Mar 06

MadKwakaMax says:

iced up visor

is there a gizmo to deal with this ? fair made my heart flutter as the clear patch grew less and less this morning on the motorway:ph43r:.

Short of pulling onto the hard shoulder,which I didn't fancy in the fog. I was scraping and rubbing like mad and I  just couldn't clear it .

Any of you had this and sorted it ?

Mx

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (12 December 2012 06:57)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Amateurcynic

Jun 09

Amateurcynic says:

Remedy...

Use the car??!!!:shock::lol:

Sorry Maxie, couldn't resist. good on yer for using two wheels in this weather, can't get mine out of t' garage at mo, roads are literally just sheet ice!:ph43r: 

Reply to this Topic
MadKwakaMax

Mar 06

MadKwakaMax says:

pmsl

fair comment ac:biggrin:

'pose it's just one of those mornings .Was bone dry but cold in Worcester so thought the bike would be no probs, then came the fog which made the visor wet ,then the snow at Tewkesbury and finally when I got to Cheltenham the temp dropped right off and it all froze .

I managed to eliminate most of the 'gaps' ( sleeves and neck) so wasn't too cold in meself ,but not being able to see where you're going does put a damper on the morning :lol:!

Mx

Reply to this Topic
hawk750

Apr 09

hawk750 says:

Old dispatch rider trick

Pour some washing up liquid in a pot & add a drop of antifreeze & wipe it over your visor, then wipe the visor until clear with some bog roll or kitchen roll. :wink:

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Funny old world

isn't  :smilethere's you struggling with ice on your visor(scary stuff)and here is me can't even think about putting me leathers on in this heat.Been high 30s here for some weeks now,but yesterday and today its pushed the mercury over the 40c(that's in the shade,gets to hot to move then)phew!! but saying that not only are the tyres like they've just come off the warmers nice and sticky,but the roads are nice and sticky to,well a bit melty:lol:but its as Amateurcynic says,am using the car with the air con on full full full  AaaaHhhh!! thats better.See so we all have our problems just at different ends of the scale.

Reply to this Topic
KrismusSikpunz

Mar 12

Potatoes - Anybody tried it on a visor?

I remember the old guy I worked with said he cut a potato in half and rubbed it on his car windscreen when a frost was forecast, he swore by it. I never did ask him what he did with the potato afterwards.

Scuba divers rub spit inside their masks to stop them misting up on the inside.

I use Mr Sheen inside & out on my visor, not great but works to a point.

The Fairy liquid used by many people is slightly abrasive and will eventually remove the coating from a visor. It works ok on the old glass goggles the classic guys wear.

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Think you could have cracked it

without knowing  KS,Moto cross helmet and goggles with a roll off system,might even fit inside the full face you are wearing now?

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Heated visor.

Heated visors are (apparently) on their way to us from the snowmobile world.

http://www.visordown.com/product-news/new-scorpion-heated-visor/17041.html

However a new visor (free of tiny scratches) might help, cleaned and polished thoroughly before you go out.

Talking of visor cleaning, Tesco Economy Handywipes (60p per pack of 100) do a great job on summer flies, etc. I'm not sure what the detergent residue does in icy conditions though. Smearing and halo-ing, possibly.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

kcmc

i'd go with snowboard goggles as they're (doubleglazed) maked up of a 2 lens sandwich,i've never managed to get them to steam up, even in hottish early spring conditions.

Tbh, they'ed need to fit the helmet very well indeed, other wise you'd freeze ya chuffing nogging off :wink::smile

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

Max

200 Brownie points for been on your bike..... its subzero out there....  I wouldn't have got out of the garden this morning,ice..:upset:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices