You are in... Forums > General > General > Bloody ice grrrrrrr

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

Bloody ice grrrrrrr

got into dog car this morning and it wont go forwards or bloody backwards:upset:

Where it goes off road every morning the mud underneath must have frozen everything.

Two very unhappy pooches:upset:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (12 December 2012 07:36)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

Just gone back

out and it's eased but still not free, off to put the boards up now, thanks smidget. Never thought  something so stupid could cause me such a soddin pain in the butt.

R

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

At last

just kept throwing hot water over the wheels and eventually they became free.

Handbrake off now !!

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

Can

we have summer now please......!!!!!  :upset:

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

Car to walk the dogs

I have to do the same!  My two get driven 1/2 mile to the woods!!!  If I try to walk them, they are so desperate to get there, they would pull me over!

Mate of mine (in UK) took her dog out today, and he fell through some ice and got stuck.  She had to wade into the river to free him. :upset:

Reply to this Topic
albundy123

Dec 12

albundy123 says:

Dogs

If you make the dogs sleep under the car, would their body heat be enough to stop your handbrake freezing up? :lol: Only joking . . . . . . Ah, ok . . . . . .I'll get me coat.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

"I'll get me coat"

Chill dude, baby's already burnt that trying to light the wood burner :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Parking in gear

Always do this,  on the bike too.  Only need h/b too if it's a particularly steep hill (good thing there's none of them in Wales, eh?) - otherwise it's in gear, and wheels turned against the curb too.

Got used to doing this with my first car, which didn't have a working handbrake at all.

Just watch nothing crashes into you while it's parked in gear, though, or it'll wreck the transmission.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

SL

"Just watch nothing crashes into you while it's parked in gear".....That's a hard ask :blink::biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

Thanks for all the advice

never had a problem before but due to all the floods the car gets submerged in water on a regular basis.

It took nearly 2 hours to free up and lots of hot water over the wheels as well for good measure.

Handbrake is off for good now, pesky dogs have been bouncing off the walls all day:wacko:

The places I park are on level ground so hopefully wont be a problem tomorrow.

I try and use her as much as poss as it only does that short journey and in the past had flat batteries and  I have been stood in the dark with  the jump pack:upset:

Yes I must agree with that statement, roll on spring, this weather is starting to naff me right off.  The weathermen can't seem to predict the weather in the next hour let alone next 24:upset:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices