Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Who is the greatest champion of 2012? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: Who is the greatest champion of 2012?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Who is the greatest champion of 2012?

In MotoGP this year, Jorge Lorenzo held off the factory Hondas of Stoner and Pedrosa to take his second world title. In Moto2, Marc Marquez showed his potential for the future by dominating the field to win. In Moto3, Sandro Cortese was unstoppable on his way to the inagural Moto3 title. World Superbikes was decided by only half a point, with Max Biaggi...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (12 December 2012 12:29)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

tough one to choose?

Cortese should have won it , long before he (eventually) did. as well as spitting his dummy out several times on the way.

Marquez is awesome, watch out Motogp , but his sometimes complete disregard for others safety taints his championship somewhat.

Lorenzo. Defend Defend Defend. Jesus even Pedrosa beat him in the wet .towards the end just didn't care if he won it or not, just wanted the paint to dry so we can start again next year.

Biaggi.s was nice, a good way for a long entertaining career to end, but being honest we all wanted Sykes to sneak it!

so it has to Be Shakey's. won the last three races when he didn't need to.that alone say's everything you need to know!

best championship to watch had to be British Supersports this year. an utter classic and shows its never over till its over. even made me go out and buy a Daytona

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

Lorenzo

Jorge Lorenzo for 100%. fighting the HRC/REPSOL at in hi's own. And fighting the 2013 rc213v from Honda. He could beat the 2012 honda's and fight with the 2013 bikes and still win the title. just perfect riding from Jorge.! can't wait for 2013. maybe honda wil introduce the 2015 bike to beat jorge! 2012 couldn't change an engine. but could change the whole bike, sounds still silly to me but he won.!!!!

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

P.S.

Dani was like all hi's year no were ubtill he got the 2013 hrc bike. Jorge has always b!t(#slaped dani. but AFTER 7 year....yep dani did better then ever.......with the 2013 bike.

Reply to this Topic
edsy007

Jan 10

edsy007 says:

Greatest?

Difficult to define greatest... Lorenzo winning in the highest profile championship in the world with the best machinery, riders and budgets has to be the most difficult and the one everyone wants win? Fair play to Shakey. A close championship and towards the end he was getting challengers from all angles (lowes) running up front who could have spoilt the party. Ever the pro though he was cool and pure class, but not great. For me Marquez was sensational. A real class apart from anyone in his field and what he did In the last round.... Quite simply unbelievable. I have watched more moto2 in 2012 because of this kid and he is something very special. The 'greatest' in 2012 for me.

Reply to this Topic
Robell

Aug 02

Robell says:

It's almost impossible to compare different championships - MotoGP being the ultimate.

Shakey did a great job in BSB, but for me Marquez is the one to watch. Is there anyone not looking forward to seeing how he gets on in 2013 ?

Reply to this Topic
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

For me

Not Lorenzo. Won once bacause his main rival fell off and missed much to injury. Won this time becaue the main rival fell off and missed much due to injury. When Lorenzo won, is was by an ok amount. When he lost, it was by minutes.

For Danni though...another Spaniard to sell scooters in Barcelona for Honda not Piagio in the same team on the same bike with a winning record. Uh oh.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices