Skip to content

Discuss This Jorge Lorenzo: ‘Rossi return can make me stronger’ MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jorge Lorenzo: ‘Rossi return can make me stronger’

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jorge Lorenzo: ‘Rossi return can make me stronger’

Reigning MotoGP world champion Jorge Lorenzo believes the return of bitter rival Valentino Rossi to Yamaha in 2013 will make him an even stronger force to be reckoned with next year. The Spaniard will renew his rivalry with Rossi after the Italian made a shock return to Yamaha following a disastrous two-year spell with Ducati that saw him fail to challenge...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (12 December 2012 13:56)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Not convinced it's Rossi...

It's not Rossi who's worrying him the most.  Sure, once Valé gets up to pace, he's going to be a problem - but Jorgés main concern is the seemingly unstoppable Dani Pedrosa.  So much so, he forced Jorge into an un-characteristic crash in the last round . Dani's blistering ascent is probably on Jorgé's mind whilst tucking into his Christmas pud....Just before he jumps on the PS3 to play himself on the MotoGP game. And and gets beaten by his Nephew Carlos (riding as.... Dani!)

What with Marquez, Bradl, Cal, Rossi and hopefully a serious Ducati challenge from Ben, Andrea and Alvera,  it's gonna be the season we've been waiting for... Roll on 2013 folks.

BOOM!!

Reply to this Topic
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

Benny

Have to say I agree with you Benny.  I watched the 2009 season again the other day and in that season it was really a Yamaha show with Rossi and Lorenzo pushing away at the front, much in the same way the 3 aliens did this year.  Obviously Lorenzo starts with the upper hand what with Rossi's confidence bashing 2 seasons on the Ducati, but as we have seen from Jorge unfortunately when the pressures on to prove a point he can make some big mistakes - see Valencia.  Its not the same Jorge who copes with the pressure of winning a championship, that Jorge will sensibly take 2nd or 3rd for safety if the win is not possible.  But much like Valencia I feel he had to prove he won the title because he was the fastest and that he was in fact faster than Dani who had handed it to him in the last 7 rounds (more or less, ignoring race day crashes/crazy locked tyre warmer/crazy Barbera etc).  But in a similar fashion I think we could either see the Yamaha pairing pull each other up  to new levels, or actually end up pushing each other in to mistakes with a very rapid Dani Pedrosa profiting most ??  Time will tell and its going to be a long season for one of the lads in Yamaha.... just which one....

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

The worlds best rider

Should be interesting next season. The worlds best rider against the GOAT. I think Jorge will come out on top but Rossi wont disgrace him self either. But the biggest fly in the ointment as shawno 76 says is going to be Danni.    

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

jorge wont loose his cool

mr consistant wont panic unless he starts getting DNF's and lets face it you would not ever now brand him a crasher, strong competition next year tho, i think qualifying will have more to play in race outcome's next season than this year, to many crt's getting in the way imo.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

It wont be Rossi thats the threat

The problem will be those Honda's .I'm sure there will be many occasions that Jorge wishes he had waited and had one ,He will be too good for Vale now ,he was already numero uno before Vale minced off to conquer the world on the Duke,He isn't slower now and Rossi certainly 'aint faster than he was then,It's a simple case of old father time and every dog having it's Day

Reply to this Topic
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

Worried about points

I don't Lorenzo is worried so much about Rossi winning a title back as he is worried about Rossi possibly taking away from his points total by getting in the middle of him and Perdo.  In the Honda garage, Marquez won't be ready to beat Pedro, Lorenzo or Rossi, so Perdo winning on any day is still 5 pts ahead of either Yamaha rider.  If Rossi and Perdo take 1st and 2nd and Lorenzo 3rd, that's 9 pts back.  That could keep him out of contention.

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Pedrosa without Stoner?

Thing with Pedrosa that everyone seems to be forgetting is that he only started to go really quick when they brough Stoner in to keep him honest. Ironically it turned out to be the best thing for Pedrosa who had to stop making excuses once Casey was doing the laptimes on the Honda. Without Casey I fear Pedrosa will slip back to making excuses.

Reply to this Topic
whemy

Oct 10

whemy says:

ivebeenthehero

you hit the nail on the head with this one,stoner gave pedro the boot up the ass he needed to make him stronger.i dont see rossi being the force he used to be against these younger riders lorenzo is still gonna be top gun in that camp im sure valey will have some good races but with marquez and his speed and pedros balls have dropped at last he's got his work cut out next season.gone are the days of sete and max now rossi is the old dog.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Pedro without the Fisherman?

Ha, ha. Somebody didn't watch the 2010 season, or from Indy on this year.

Pedrosa's had 14 wins and 33 podiums in the last three years and is definitely a form horse. Rossi in the same period has a pitiful 2 wins and 13 podiums. He has been very fortunate to be given a stay of execution by his Uncle Carmelo and avoid a trip to the knackers yard.

But back on topic Lorenzo will use his top dog status as motivation to keep the pretender at bay, and will be quite within his rights to lord it over the spoilt brat that is Rossi for the treatment he meted out to Lorenzo 2008-2010.

Reply to this Topic
maazzz1

Aug 10

maazzz1 says:

I think the most amazing thing is the way that Lorenzo has handled Rossi returning to Yamaha publicly. With a good deal of respect and dignity which shows how much he has matured. No walls, no jumping up and down, no clauses that he must have all the new parts first etc, etc… I think Jorge is probably chomping at the bit to mix it up with Rossi without the conjecture of the Rossi injury of 2010, and I am pretty convinced that Rossi will be want to be up to speed and mixing it with them pretty much from the get go. Will make for interesting viewing and it will be equally interesting to see how long it will take for Jorge to be the yellow thong brigades public enemy no.1 again.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices