Skip to content

Discuss This Jorge Lorenzo: ‘Rossi return can make me stronger’ MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jorge Lorenzo: ‘Rossi return can make me stronger’

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jorge Lorenzo: ‘Rossi return can make me stronger’

Reigning MotoGP world champion Jorge Lorenzo believes the return of bitter rival Valentino Rossi to Yamaha in 2013 will make him an even stronger force to be reckoned with next year. The Spaniard will renew his rivalry with Rossi after the Italian made a shock return to Yamaha following a disastrous two-year spell with Ducati that saw him fail to challenge...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (12 December 2012 13:56)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

EASY BIKE

stoner already stated that rossi's ambition only outweight his talent. AND he just SO LUCKY to have the best and EASY bike to ride. he won on it. rossi never tame the beast. he cann't tame the beast. his ASS desperately SHAKING so much here and there. the chatter stoner felt before already SOLVE at the end of 2010 with numerous straight won. rossi is a lier. it's not the front. it's not the back. it's from the center that gave so much chatter. yes, buddy. his ass chatter so much and vibrate that made him cann't balance the bike. LOL. now his MOUNTED luck bring him back to an easy bike to ride yamaha. he smile like shit. wait until marc and lorenzo start kick his ass again. i bet marc will show it cause he said he wants so much to fight rossi. yes rossi would win some of the races, like mugello and malaysia. who knows? cann't wait to see next year.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

STONER

why all 46ers suddenly hate stoner since 2007? yes yes yes. cause he is the only one can defeat rossi in style. and since 2010 comes lorenzo. LOL. i bet supermario left testicle that all insult and moaning from 46ers would focus to lorenzo now. you bet it!

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Corny...

"you don't tell your granny how to suck eggs."

Agreed, but a strange phrase to coin there though... you're saying Rossi's the granny?... you don't teach her 'cos she knows how to do it, not 'cos she's any good at it... she may have been a championship egg sucker in her day but kids don't do that any more.

"no it's quality riding that makes champions"

We're agreed on that one.

Benny... I haven't said he can't win races... I've said he needs to be better than he was 2 years ago to do that or he'll be picking up scraps. As he says he's had 2 years in the wilderness learning nothing... everyone else has moved on & the machinery isn't what it was.

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

Stoner tamed the beast???

did Stoner realy tame ducati? NO sinds 2007 with trellis he won less and less till he went to honda with his tale between hi's legs.! Stoner couldn't win the titel anymore. he was crashing more and more and more! Casey never tamed ducati, only 2007 when his bike was easy to ride.! had different tyres and 20 kmph more topspeed. then yamaha came with pneumatic valves honda to. and it was bye bye ducati/stoner. Stoner is the king? yep king of falling and crashing the ducati.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

yzr...

"2007 when his bike was easy to ride.! "

Who was able to ride it? 7th placed Capirossi? 10th placed Barros? 13 placed Hofmann?... or the next year 6th placed Hayden?... & please tell me at which circuits it was 20kph faster than any other bike... easy to ride... yeah... nice one.

:blink:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

YZRM1 - Another Yellow Fanboy.

Stoner could no longer win the title on the Ducati after 2007, but he won 3/4 of all Ducati's MotoGP wins, and won 23 more races on the Ducati than your demi-god Rossi ever did. Remind us again my friend, how many races did Vale win on a Ducati? That's right, zero,zip,zilch, nada. If Stoner went to Honda with his tails between his legs, then Rossi will go back to Yamaha with both his balls retracted so high in his adbomen that they'll be ovaries. Ciao!

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Hog5

Dress it up how you like, there's no-one out there with a higher skill level, than Rossi, 9 championships tell you that, he's going   back home, to an old friend, the M1, and he'll do very well on it. Anyone that thinks otherwise is either wearing blinkers or a fool, or both.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Hmmm....

Benny - "You may not believe that Rossi can win again, but Jarvis says that he can. Jarvis is right."

H5 - "I haven't said he can't win races"

Jarvis is right... he can... the question is will he?

Benny - "They don't as you say 'move on' - they simply can't go any faster."

They are continually learning, new bikes, new parts, other riders... Stoner said he was still learning how to get the best out of the Honda after his last race... even the title of this thread suggests that Lorenzo can benefit, become stronger... Rossi says he has learnt nothing for 2 years... he has to learn how to ride a completely new bike while his main rivals are on familiar machinery.

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

Can easily find a load of Lin Jarvis quotes re: Ben Spies pre 2012......Don't hold everything he says as gospel.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Benny...

"I'm sure he can get used to it very quickly"

So we all agree... he has to get used to new machinery... & I think we agree that his main opposition are on familiar machinery... we all agree he can win races... it was a struggle but we got there... cool.

Where we differ is that Lorenzo obviously thinks he's getting better & Rossi joining him will make him stronger, & Rossi, by saying he hasn't learnt anything in 2 years, obviously would have liked to... but you say they don't learn anything after 3 years in the sport... we'll agree to disagree on that one.

By the way, do you really think Jarvis would have hired Rossi if he didn't think he'd get up to speed pretty quickly? Your endless Jarvis quotes could be just a little tainted by his vested interest.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices