You are in... Forums > General > Pub Talk - over 18s only > a builder reversed

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

johnlad1

Mar 11

johnlad1 says:

a builder reversed

into my bike then the arogant C**t had the nerve to try and blame me and say i should claim off my insurance

the bike was parked 6 ft behind his van my dad thankfully turned up decided heed done about 100 squids worth of damage and the builder then admited he was at fault and agreed he would pay that amount

if we didnt have to get his insurers or company involved altho he did continue to try and say it was my fault even after agree he should have looked behind his van before reversing am i wrong or was this guy a complete tool?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (12 December 2012 23:38)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
johnlad1

Mar 11

johnlad1 says:

and he

tried to drive off fortunenatly for me its my girlfriends house hes doing work at and i came out side when i heard the words bike and should i just go threw the door caught him just as he was fastning his seatbelt

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

reversed

Happened to me years ago,luckely i saw it and got paid out with there ins.

Q, would you say it was an accident or an incident?

How would you react if the drivers ins said that you ran into the back of him? 

Reply to this Topic
johnlad1

Mar 11

johnlad1 says:

id say it was an

aciedent and id be prety pissed off if they said i hit him as the bike  was parked and he reversed into the back of it but had i been on the bike and hed hit the front id be livid if your reversing its your resonsibility to check whats behind your vehicle thankfully in the case it was my bike and not a little kid picking up a football or somthing

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Johnlad1

if i was you(as this has happened to me twice now and been riped off) first thing you should do is report it to the police and ask them for a incident number,don't be fobbed off by any desk Sergeant report it and get that number.Then ask him for his insurance and report it to your insurance.If its his fault which it must be if he reversed into your stationary bike and hes moaning about it just go through the proper channels,you will regret it if you don't ''i did'' wouldn't do any favors again,why help him out when hes blaming you and moaning,what is he to you?nothing i think only the guy who's damaged your property .That's my view anyway from having this type of experience.Good Luck

Reply to this Topic
Amateurcynic

Jun 09

Amateurcynic says:

John

If you wanted to you could have him done for Driving Without Due Care and attempting to leave the scene! Many years ago my then neighbours witnessed a car do exactly the same thing but they drove off, my neighbour got the reg & we informed the police. They got 9 points & £175 for D.W.D.C + leaving the scene of an accident.

This T*^t just doesn't want to acknowledge the fact he's made a mistake so is attempting to blame you instead as a smokescreen, if he tries it again just tell him you're going to infom the police and watch the bugger squirm & become all humble!:smile 

Reply to this Topic
zanderh

Aug 12

zanderh says:

Just

make sure he's completed the work on your girlfriend's house first... an angry builder can wreck havoc on construction projects!

Reply to this Topic
johnlad1

Mar 11

johnlad1 says:

all is fine

and well i got the money i wanted off him and he in a very round about way agreed it was his fault unfortunatly in an unrelated incedent ive just discoverd my rear brake is leaking fluid rather badly ive just changed the pads on it and had noticed the pistons were rather correded so looks like rebuilding my caliper is next on my to do list life goes on not worth worrying about some silly prick the damage was minimal and the bike as much as i love it is just somthing to keep me going till my restriction ends in a year and a bit im not arsed if its got scratches as long as it runs and rides well itle do for me

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

You are too nice.

If he'd done that to my bike I'd have made an apalling scene and then killed him if he'd tried to escape.

A Czech truck driver ran over my car whle I was waiting at a red traffic light. I had to get out of the back window to get at him but I got into the cab with him and managed to pull him out onto the ground. Then I sat on the back of his neck until the Police arrived.

He seemed quite glad to see them. No way was I letting him loose and claiming on my own insurance. Never anger a woman. We never forgive.

Reply to this Topic
johnlad1

Mar 11

johnlad1 says:

bee lady

i would have reacted far worse had it been the situation been diffrent but he happens to be one of the builders doing ssome modifications to my gfs house as her dad is rather old with parkinsons and demntia and her little sister whos only 13 has downs her dads in his 70s so they realy need the working doing properly and if id have kicked up a fus im sure the work would either not get done or would be done badly

not to mention id dont like confrontation im a fairly big guy and losing my temper with him would have only ended badly better to acept that hes a prick

the bikes not going to cost much to fix looks like 20 quid ish for an indicator lense the scratches im not botherd about and the cracked plastics at the back could be sorted with a bit of fiber glass if the needs arises

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

You're right, of course,

and I can see it would have caused a lot of hassle. I was scared witless by sitting inside the car while it got narrower and narrower. I have never been so angry before. Amazing what you can do when you're determined.

I'm glad the damage wasn't worse and I hope your girlfriend's family get a really top class job done. He should be feeling guilty enough to do his best. :smile

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices