Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi and Casey Stoner clash over Laguna ’08 again MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi and Casey Stoner clash over Laguna ’08 again

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi and Casey Stoner clash over Laguna ’08 again

Long running tension and animosity between Valentino Rossi and Casey Stoner is showing no sign of letting up, despite the Australian’s retirement from MotoGP at the end of the season. The trigger for another clash has once again been the controversial and famous clash between the pair at Laguna Seca in 2008. In an interview with Dainese’s Legends magazine, Ducati flop Rossi...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (13 December 2012 11:14)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
stompmyduke

Mar 08

stompmyduke says:

GIVE IT A REST LADS

Somewhat surprising that Rossi is stil taking the bait from journos about the Laguna debacle. This is all in the past, and one of the protagonists has now lost it, and turned in his leathers. The only thing we can say is that by Stoner blabbing about the Corkscrew incident etc Rossi realised how weak Stoner's head was in inverse proportion to the size of the guy's mouth! That mouth led to Stoner's departure from his original team (altho this was a temporary blessing), and, it seems, the Repsol team. ( where Stoner constantly, and publicly, criticised the bike). Give it a rest lads, Motogp still continues alongside the enduring Valentino Rossi. Incidentally 'What's the difference between Rossi and Stoner? Stoner punches people in the back, while Rossi punches them in the face!

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

wosi, 2012 and whining

I will concede it is perhaps good for the show, that the  whole thing is likely the usual mcn beat-up anyway, and even that if stoner is retired and not intending to return he would do well to forget all this stuff, but the results of the 2010 post season test remain for all time. If valentino was affected by injury then so was stoner in 2012, and  if I accept your argument I will have to recant my argument expressed elsewhere that jorge hasn't actually beaten a fit rossi on an equal bike.    

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

give it a rest

So stoner somehow by methods which elude explanation by current physics actually riding the ducati between 1 and 2 seconds a lap faster than should have been possible means that rossi on a yamaha, the marque which has won 4 of the last 6 titles, the other two by other marques won I am sure entirely coincidentally by bikes ridden by stoner, proves stoner had the better bike at laguna seca 2008? Perhaps you have  gone beyond both newton and einstein and solved the unifield theory and could briefly explain the solution to us.

And a rossi fan, calling out stoner for criticising a bike constantly? I can only assume you are indulging in deep irony. Stoner in fact said the 2012 honda was the best bike he had ever encountered until dorna capriciously and at the last moment changed the tyres and weight after more than a year had been spent developing the bike, a view with which the chief hrc guy seemed to concur. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

I'm liking

This stompmydukes style... nice one mate!

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Tetley

Your exchanges with Birt made me laugh.  Some people can't be biased.  The 'legendary' put down by Stoner also made me chuckle - I wasn't aware of it's legend status?.  Poorly written, depth lacking and ill-informed articles often appear on this site.  For a real laugh, read the story about Schumacher and McGuinness (link in news page)... it's a cracker!

"Keith Flint Compweting in the Hottrax series" - nice editing.MCN!

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

Looks like the little effeminate Aussie

will continue his bitching girly shit in V8 too. Have a gander please at the link or below:

http://www.news.com.au/top-stories/v8-supercars-driver-mark-winterbottom-labels-casey-stoners-twitter-criticism-cowardly-and-weak/story-e6frfkp9-1226514127701

Ford gun Mark Winterbottom is refusing to take a backwards step in his Twitter-feud with Casey Stoner, branding the MotoGP rider's personal online attack as "weak" and "petty".
Winterbottom, in Adelaide on Friday for the launch of the 2013 Clipsal 500, slammed Stoner's Twitter spray when he accused Frosty of "amateur driving" for an overtaking move during the weekend's three-race Abu Dhabi series.

Winterbottom - outright second on the V8 Supercars championship table behind Jamie Whincup - soon fired back on the social network and Friday reinforced his disappointment at the two-time MotoGP champion's "armchair" criticism.

"I was a bit surprised with it, to be honest," Winterbottom said.

"It's one of those things where you look at someone on the track and you know they're a champion and you respect them - and I actually go for him. But it's not a good effort to abuse people on social media.

"It's pretty disappointing from a bloke who you actually follow. At his level he doesn't need to do it. The whole situation had nothing to do with him.

"Everyone did similar (overtaking moves) all weekend. You watch the race and (Craig) Lowndes did it the day before, (Lee) Holdsworth did it every lap, (Jamie) Whincup did it to (Shane) van Gisbergen at Gold Coast.

"You could bring up the archives but no-one actually stoops to that level of commenting on it.

"It's just petty. He's already making enemies before he even starts, which is a bit silly."

Stoner, retiring from MotoGP this year, has been linked with a move to V8 Supercars next season through Winterbottom's Holden rival Team Vodafone, likely in the second-tier development series.

"I'm happy for anyone to walk up to me and say `I have an issue with you', face to face, that's the manly way of doing it," Winterbottom said. "But social media is just a coward's way, to get on and have a go at someone."

Lowndes, whose Vodafone stable Stoner appears likely to join, said the motorbike champ had the goods to make it on four wheels.

"He hasn't signed anything - but I know (Vodafone boss) Roland (Dane) is keen to get him in the car," Lowndes said.

"I think 90 per cent he will have a go at a race or two, to figure out what his feelings about it are. I don't think he'll do the whole season because his main focus is to spend time with the family.

"But he's got the ability to drive, no doubt about that. We've had two tests (sessions) with him up in Queensland and he's got the mentality and understanding of what he needs to do."

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

His Bitchiness is still continuing

on twitter.

http://www.news.com.au/top-stories/stoner-making-v8-enemies/story-e6frfkp9-1226510493300

Casey Stoner versus Mark Winterbottom

It all started when Stoner pressed 'send' on the following Tweet as he watched Sunday's race:

Amateur racing from @mwinterbottom, didn't know that you can use the grass to overtake!!   Casey Stoner@Official_CS27

Winterbottom wasn't too wrapt when he found out what Stoner had said - especially the "amateur" tag - firing back with these:

@Official_CS27 seriously dude? You may need to attend a drivers briefing to work out our rules for next year as this was discussed.  Mark Winterbottom@mwinterbottom

@Official_CS27 I look forward to racing you and seeing how a professional performs. #ithinkigetpaid?  Mark Winterbottom@mwinterbottom

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Crass

So it looks as though stoner will be as popular in the V8 paddock as he was in the Motogp paddock, which is about as popular as a dog turd in a lucky dip!

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Time for some of you to get your tongues back into the dayglo panties. Stoner's retired and you still moan and bitch about him. For a guy you loathe so much, you blokes expend so much energy thinking and writing about him. I found that quite odd until it dawned on me, there's something that's stuck in your collective craws: You can't stand the fact that the history books will show that during their time as adversaries Stoner owned Rossi fair and square. Anyhow stick it up your arses, Aussie! Aussie! Aussie! Oi! Oi! Oi!

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Or maybe its because

he's a whinging prick

aussie aussie aussie, twat! twat! twat!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale