Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi and Casey Stoner clash over Laguna ’08 again MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi and Casey Stoner clash over Laguna ’08 again

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi and Casey Stoner clash over Laguna ’08 again

Long running tension and animosity between Valentino Rossi and Casey Stoner is showing no sign of letting up, despite the Australian’s retirement from MotoGP at the end of the season. The trigger for another clash has once again been the controversial and famous clash between the pair at Laguna Seca in 2008. In an interview with Dainese’s Legends magazine, Ducati flop Rossi...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (13 December 2012 11:14)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Tetley

Aug 02

Tetley says:

I tweeted Matthew Birt, the writer of the article, to comment that the article was biased.
The exchange of tweets went …

From me to @birtymotogp - "obviously written by Casey fan and/or designed to fuel the same old, same old. MCN Desperate for off-season "news" ?"

Birty’s reply to me – “wrong on all counts”

From me to @birtymotogp -"wrong on all counts"? I think that proves my point. Article is completely anti-Rossi. Doesn't he send you xmas cards anymore?

Birt didn’t find that as amusing as it was intended. He didn’t reply but he “blocked” me from following him on Twitter.

That was before I read the comments here, and it seems the majority here agree with me that the article was biased and a re-hash of “news” from years ago.

The obvious conclusion is that sadly, not only is his article biased and contentious, but he got the sulks when he got the result which his inflammatory remarks were aiming for, i.e. controversy .

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

wosi

How can you be happy in retirement knowing your team mate, who's won fk all, bitch slapped your arse?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scraping the barrel bud lmao. JLo/Vale 2010 springs to mind.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Subtle?

The difference being Rossi, after a couple of seasons from hell, is NOT retired..and is prepared to stake his reputation in an effort to fight back and show it was the bike, not him.

He hasn't slunk off bad mouthing all and sundry in a huff..to go and race wobbly V8's all nice and safe at home.

Stoner stated the GP paddock was one of the reasons he quit..yet we see he's making enemies already in his new place of work, that he claimed was more friendly and to his liking?

He just can't help being a prick can he?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

An arse kicking from his team-mate this season is relative to Vale in 2010...............ie injuries. Touche? 

'Benny' posted a comment many months ago re-the 'Ducati effect on riders' and how it has ended many a career. It was a fantastic post imo. Maybe having spent so long on the thing drained Casey, hence an earlier than expected retirement? As for bad mouthing all and sundry...................do me a favour bud, like Rossi don't lol!

That aside, all the best on Sunday. Blue is the colour and all that  :)

Reply to this Topic
blah

Jun 10

blah says:

Classic clash between two great racers. As always Rossi describes it with flair and good humour, while Stacey Moaner can't take losing.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Nevertheless..

..who is Dani Pedrosa in the scheme of GP greats?

Is it likely he's getting better after 7 years of winning SFA?..That he's raised the bar?

Hahaha..

I don't think so..it's down to the bike he's riding isn't it.

Casey had one too..and was getting well beaten before he put himself in hospital by Jorge, on a slower bike, and serial under performer Pedrosa and, the reason he was getting beat was because he's a brainless whining choker who thinks a shit or bust approach is the way to win a title.

Stoner thought.."win races and the championship will come as a bonus."

Bonus ffs?..Well what about all the DNS & DNF's?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
caseysagod

Dec 12

caseysagod says:

It's obvious

For Casey to win a world championship on a Ducati which would have handled worst than the one Valentino has just failed so miserably on must tell anyone with just a slight understandind of motorcycle racing that he is the best rider the world has ever seen.On top of that he jumps on a strange bike and is faster than Pedrosa who's been riding it for years and then goes on to win another world championship! If Casey returns to moto gp I'll bet it will be on a Yamaha and it will be another world championship under his belt. Three world championships on three different bikes. I can only dream of this.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

You said it there 'wosi'...................................'win races'. That's what racers do!!!!!! That's all Casey set out to do yet he still gets grief. I think more of him (or any rider) for taking that stance than a JLo atm (no offence Jorge) settling for points. Earn your money. How's that wrong in any walk of life?   

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

Will someone give Wosi a nudge...

...I think his needles stuck in the same old groove again.......

Would this article have appeared if Stoner been a Dainese wearer?

Probably not........

Reply to this Topic
waipipi

Jul 06

waipipi says:

Great Race

I was there and watched it all unfold from the top of the corkscrew to the pit lane and podium ceremony.......bloody brilliant!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle