Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi and Casey Stoner clash over Laguna ’08 again MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi and Casey Stoner clash over Laguna ’08 again

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi and Casey Stoner clash over Laguna ’08 again

Long running tension and animosity between Valentino Rossi and Casey Stoner is showing no sign of letting up, despite the Australian’s retirement from MotoGP at the end of the season. The trigger for another clash has once again been the controversial and famous clash between the pair at Laguna Seca in 2008. In an interview with Dainese’s Legends magazine, Ducati flop Rossi...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (13 December 2012 11:14)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Blood...

"There was nothing any more dangerous in that race than any other weekend."

Agreed... Rossi has done far worse... Jerez for instance... Leguna he only came close to taking them both out & Stoner managed to avoid him entirely.

"Stoner apologised for his outburst after Laguna, meaning he was wrong"

As a matter of interest has Rossi ever admitted he was wrong to whinge so publicly about the move by Elias?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
willc955

Jun 12

willc955 says:

bultoboy

Excellent posts yesterday, bulto.  Another example of comments being more enlightening than articles on MCN.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

What's Elias got to do with any of this?

As a comparison. One rule for Rossi - another for everyone else.

What about Jerez 05 when he purposely used  Gibernau as a berm on the last lap, last corner. Deemed acceptable as Rossi is a 'hard racer'. The same fan base that saw that as acceptable were up in arms when Stoner passed Bautista at Mugello this year

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Jerez.

Big difference.

One was last corner, last lap where the rider in front left the door open and got punished.

The other was barging an oponent off line fighting for 8th halfway through the race with the red mist down, after making a mistake early while in 6th.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Bahahahaaa!....

Blood -"Stoner apologised for his outburst after Laguna, meaning he was wrong"

"Jerez......wasn't dangerous."

Talking about Jerez '11? OK... Rossi apologised for that meaning he was wrong... it wasn't a racing incident... he admitted he made a stupid mistake... he took another rider out... but that's not dangerous... ?

Wosi - the Elias move in Portugal was last corner... door open, rider got punished... so in your books a completely fair move... but Rossi whinged like a girl that it wasn't fair... & as I say, unlike Stoner, I don't think he ever took those words back.

Rossi - “I'm quite unhappy with Elias because I think he was quite dangerous. More than once he passed me on the inside and then altered his line. This is not a correct way to race"

Running off circuit, rejoining & almost taking your opponent out obviously is the correct way to race & is completely undeserving of criticism.

:blink:

Look... both riders have, in the distant past, got pissed off by what they perceived were dodgy moves... one calmed down & was man enough to apologise for his outburst.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Blood..

" He got beat, he didn't like it, and talked shit like he normally does." The difference is, Rossi does his dirty work in an underhanded way, because God forbid, people might think bad of him. His petulant stance regarding the wall in the garage seemingly overlooked by his fans for example. At least Stoner, right or wrong, has the courage of his convictions to stand up and say what he feels..

Reply to this Topic
AJB74

Dec 12

AJB74 says:

I think Vale has the issue ...

I find it interesting that it was Vale that raised it again in the article ... talk about continuing to bring it up!! I think Vale has the real issue with the event ... nonetheless, I don't see Rossi commending Stoner for what he achieved on the Ducati, when Rossi couldn't ...

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

Most-rod-in-Anus tried to say that Yamaha

did not want Rossi back is totally untrue.

Marketing Prevailed In Yamaha Debate Over Rossi

The racing division of Yamaha didn't want Rossi back on the team in 2013, according to former Yamaha Racing engineering guru Masao Furusawa.

But the suits in the marketing and PR departments drooled over the commercial possibilities of his return, and as Randy Newman famously sang in 1988, "It's Money That Matters."

"Given the doubts of the racing department, the marketing and communication of Yamaha became the greatest champion of Valentino's return," Furusawa said in an interview to a Spanish magazine.

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

Yamaha was pissed with Lorenzo too

"With Lorenzo everything went well at Yamaha until they learned of his negotiations with Honda, back in early 2012.

"Nakajima was really hurt and changed attitude towards him: he understood that Jorge behaves like the other riders, in the sense that he looks after his interests. Valentino's return comes in this atmosphere, and I have no idea what might happen."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104837

Reply to this Topic
arryace

Apr 10

arryace says:

legendary put down?

hardly!!!

when it happened Rossi could clearly be seen asking the team what Stoner had said as he didn't hear it.

It's the way you tell em.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle