Skip to content

General Accident on A13 London while Commuting to Work General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Accident on A13 London while Commuting to Work

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

33kerryhouse

Apr 12

33kerryhouse says:

Accident on A13 London while Commuting to Work

I was commuting to work(Central London) as usual this morning when just after passing the speed cameras before Lime House Link Tunnel I had to apply front brakes for the queuing traffic. As soon as I did that my bike went out of control and dragged me on the road with it. For a moment I thought. This is it, I am dead. But thanks to God I was only lightly injured on my right knee and a fellow biker helped me to move the bike on the side.. 

Bike sounds a bit loud I guess the exhaust is leaking.
What I am more concerned about is I think the rear shockers are gone. They seem to fail to move from the expanded position. Do you think I need to repalce them completely or it could be small repairs

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (13 December 2012 11:53)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
33kerryhouse

Apr 12

33kerryhouse says:

re

I ride cbr 125 repsol

Reply to this Topic
drsqueelgood

Apr 05

drsqueelgood says:

Kerry......

Sorry to hear that but glad you are ok.

I also travel into London from the east and use the Limehouse Link. I got there around 08.40 this morning and the queue was only in the tunnel itself, not on the road. This road and the Highway going towards Tower Bridge are some of the most congested on my journey. You have no option but to filter (carefully) through the traffic and with vehicles changing lanes all the time and the road gritting making the road slippery, i've had a few close shaves myself!!!

You need to get your bike looked over by a competent individual. After a fall, any number of things can be damaged or be 'out of true'. It's the only way you can be sure the machine is safe to ride again.

Rgds

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Accident

I don't think we can offer advice as we cannnot view the machine.  I would suggest that you need to get the bike properly inspected by a mechanic to ascertain the extent of the damage. 

Reply to this Topic
33kerryhouse

Apr 12

33kerryhouse says:

re

It seems you take the same route as I. 

I have been riding very badly lately. Filtering at very high speeds and I guess this was a warning. Yeah I guess I will get the bike inspected and see what can be done.

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

shockers

Should be monoshock (one),sounds like something has twisted,as said needs inspecting.  

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices