Skip to content

Discuss This HRC hopes for ‘several’ victories from Marc Marquez in 2013 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > HRC hopes for ‘several’ victories from Marc Marquez in 2013

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

HRC hopes for ‘several’ victories from Marc Marquez in 2013

Honda is hopeful that rookie sensation Marc Marquez will be able to win ‘several’ races in his first season in MotoGP next year. Marquez’s arrival in MotoGP is already one of the most anticipated and hyped of the modern era after he won the 125 and Moto2 world titles prior to his 20th birthday. The hard riding teenager has also impressed in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (13 December 2012 17:02)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

saturn

I just can't see it bud. No-one can knock Vales record but at his age, facing THIS opposition, no way imho. And that's 'colours aside'. Should he do it or even come close then i'll be here to cop the flack, drop my draws and prepare for a nut-kicking! Wosi's first in line but should yopu wish to reserve a place then be quick, seats are selling fast!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

I'll have to chuck my hat

in the ring with Wosi.  Old men can still shine - cue Biaggi Checa Bayliss etc. all still competitive up to their 40's. Rossi will onlly be 34 by the start off next season and  imo still has the tools  to do the job.      Remember he went from hero to zero immediately he slung his leg over the Ducati it wasn't a gradual fade-out due to age as you might expect.        Therefore (again imo) you don't lose your talent at that level that quickly.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Biaggi, Checa and Bayliss were not in the Blue Riband class. I could be wrong re-Vale, but i think his fans are expecting too much tbh.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

I was waiting ....

for that response Pacey - they were all in the Blue Riband class at one time in their careers and all won MotoGp races - the point being talent is not lost overnight. Bayliss won the last round of the 990 era at Valencia in 2006 aged 37 beating Capirossi on another Ducati and both works Hondas of Hayden and Pedrosa.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

I was waiting too.....

Lightning strikes twice...........................................these riders were NEVER in Vales league hence your reference to them was doomed from the start bud ;)

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

saturn

Re- 'Talent being lost overnight'......................It's my belief that Vale peaked in 2010. I've seen nothing in the past 2yrs that will change my view bud.

Reply to this Topic
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

MM

Is certainly going to be a really class act, but I think in the first year his brilliance will be more akin to Marco Simoncelli (rest his soul) than Lorenzo-esque...  Marquez rides very fast, but also very hard and that can get you in to trouble until the head starts ruling the heart.  Probably all the top winning riders in moto gp have at some point early in their careers been guilty of trying too hard, especially when the lap times just arent coming.  I remembers Caseys first year on the LCR Honda, blistering pace, with pole, podium, but oh my some monumental crashes when pushing to stay with the experienced chaps.  Lorenzo the same, first year, poles, even wins, but huge ankle snapping highsides, on at least 3 occasions.  Simo spent much of his time picking the bike off the floor in his first year too.  I think alot is being expected of MM, and rightly so for years to come.  But for HRC to say they expect 'several' wins during his first year is optimistic to say the least, and possibly dangerous piling that much pressure to win on such inexperienced (in this class) shoulders??

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

MM's first year.

I'm with Shuhei really. I'm expecting MM's 2013 to be much more akin to JL's & DP's big bike debuts than lacklustre over rated Simoncelli's.

Reply to this Topic
ColonelClaw

Nov 12

ColonelClaw says:

Don't count him out

To those writing off Rossi's chances, just bear in mind the guy's insatiable urge to win. He is a ruthless, hard riding type who, let's not forget, turned down huge money from Ducati to stay there, and went with a far smaller salary at Yamaha, just so he can win again. Sure, he's 34, but he didn't win 9 titles without being the most determined guy on the grid, and he's in bloody good physical condition. If winning the championship was just about speed, Stoner would have 5 or 6 by now, but he never had the race craft Rossi had, and I'm guessing, still has.

I'm not suggesting he will win the championship, but he hates losing too much to come much lower. I suspect that by fair means or foul he will be up there come the end of the season.

Oh, and as for MM, I have no idea why Honda is piling so much pressure on him, I can't see what possible benefit it will have. Just let the guy learn MotoGP in his own time, he'll probably still be winning championships 10 years from now.

Reply to this Topic
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

Then again Bradley Smith reckons the Motogp bike is easier to ride than the Moto2 bike simply because of the electronics, a matter of getting used to the tyres and carbon brakes and away he (Marquez) will go IMO. I expect great things of the lad.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices