Skip to content

Discuss This Triumph Daytona 675R first ride! First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Triumph Daytona 675R first ride!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN News Team  says:

Triumph Daytona 675R first ride!

Triumph’s all-new Daytona 675R supersports is being put through its paces in a world first test by MCN Senior Road Tester Michael Neeves. These are his first impressions: “We’re at the Cartagena circuit in southern Spain testing the new Triumph Daytona 675R. “It’s brand new from the ground up, with a heavily-revised short-stroke engine making more power, torque and revs. It has...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (14 December 2012 12:37)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
burnthouse

May 12

burnthouse says:

what about the ride

What we need to know is, is that an achievable top speed (see MCN) as the Triumph has no real wind protection would I be able to ride at motorway overtaking speed without having a neck and shoulders like the Hulk. I like the idea of the triple but wet weather riding is never talked about when reviewing these little rockets.

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

With Respect

Burnthouse, if you need to ride on the motorway and in the wet on a regular basis. this isn't going to be the bike for you!

Reply to this Topic
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

Nice

Love what theyve done with the look, kind of blend of some other great bikes in there.  Im sure its great fun, if only Triumph would bring out an 1100cc superbike version I would buy British......  and no I dont think 675 cc is adequate enough! haha.

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

triumph

will it be an hard choice between the triumph or mv agusta? no at all. TRIUMPH!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

racer

made for racing and trackdays, dont waste it on straight boring motorways dude.

Reply to this Topic
hardwater

Aug 02

hardwater says:

Can't agree there Diablere. I use my GSXR750 in the rain and on motorways as well as on A roads, B roads and track days so evaluation under motorway and wet conditions are definitely relevant to those of us who have one bike for everything.

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

Hardwater

I ride a sports bike as it suits my riding these days and i have a car to cover the boring stuff, if i needed to do everything on one bike then i'd either accept the compromises or look for a more versatile bike.

when they had the first ride on the Triumph trophy i wasn't asking what it was going to be like round Brands Hatch, cause i can kinda guess.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
brutale r

Dec 07

brutale r says:

didnt know

that triumph have taken ownership of MCN

ive seen other reports and all say its a great bike and would not expect anything else from trumpie

but MCN and triumph i think you need to get a room

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Brutal:

It is a British bike mate, come on, give MCN a break in showing some enthusiasm for a bit of home-made kit.  Assuming this one wasn't built in Thailand or some other low-wage, sweatshop-friendly country.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

@ burnthouse

Sportbikes are better at speed, since the wind force takes some of the weight off needing to be supported by the rider's arms.  But the same hunched forward riding position makes them lousy around town.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices