Skip to content

Discuss This Triumph Daytona 675R first ride! First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Triumph Daytona 675R first ride!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN News Team  says:

Triumph Daytona 675R first ride!

Triumph’s all-new Daytona 675R supersports is being put through its paces in a world first test by MCN Senior Road Tester Michael Neeves. These are his first impressions: “We’re at the Cartagena circuit in southern Spain testing the new Triumph Daytona 675R. “It’s brand new from the ground up, with a heavily-revised short-stroke engine making more power, torque and revs. It has...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (14 December 2012 12:37)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

sycophant ?

So, Triumph have recreated the 675 DAYTONA  and everyone wet's themselves.:blink:

The bike is a very good effort to kick the Japanese and Italian marques where it hurt's and YES:biggrin:

i say good on em' but,remember, a LOT of componentry on these British bikes are foreign,electrics,suspension,tyres,etc.:shock:

How ironic ey,once upon a time, a British bike actually was British down to it's boots.

Those day's are long gone and will never return, so what's out there now is as close to Brtish as we get.

As for the bike, well, it's a SUPER SPORT'S model,you get what you see, a race bike for the road's which will be uncomfortable,impractical (for most,not all). It looks aggressive (so is the price for these 600+ cc machines) and will sell no doubt,what more can one say.......:sleep:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Don't know why Triumph can't fit British Avon tyres as standard. They have a good range with a tyre for every type of bike. I know theres a few foreign parts, maybe because there is no British option for the range, but tyres, yes. Come on Triumph, I've used them for years and they are excellent so give them a chance.

Reply to this Topic
firestorma

Aug 02

firestorma says:

why should triumph spend millions researching and developing their own brakes and suspension when the best equipment is already in the market for them to buy? just so you old farts can be satisfied its more british?

Accept there are real Triumphs built after 1979!

Reply to this Topic
jekyllandhyde

Apr 10

couldn't agree more!

I do not follow the problems you guys pile on the appraisal of a good bike. MCN reviews the bike and say it is great. You guys come along and say it is due to favouritism. I am a Brit, happily living in Spain. I am proud to tell everyone and anyone that MY bike is made in the UK, unlike so many others made in cheap sweatshops. Avon tyres, hmmmm. I am not sure. Regarding components, they should strive to fit the best they can like all leading brands do. Stop moaning and enjoy the fact we still have a major motorbike factory. Unlike our car industry which has sadly decayed and disappeared. I really do not understand why you have to slate the British press for getting excited about the release of a promising home-brand product. Do you think Italian magazines do not centre on Ducatis, Mvs and Aprillias?

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

Patriotism?

Who cares if its British or not? its a bloody good motorbike and thats all that matters and deserves to sell very well!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
pacman53

Jan 13

pacman53 says:

675R

It doesn't matter if it's Japenese, British, Chinese or else... the Daytona 675R is an excellent bike, that's it. 

What about a comparo between the Daytona 675R, the new Ninja ZX-6R and the MV Augusta F3, no?

Reply to this Topic
busterrabbit

Sep 12

busterrabbit says:

satnavsteve

Avon are owned by American company Cooper Tire and Rubber Company, they are not British. Being patriotic for the sake of it is what ruined the British bike, and car, industries in the first place. Many blinkered patriotic Brits thought that British was best, despite the reality being somewhat different (I started biking in 1970). By the time the penny dropped our products were so far behind the competition it was too late. Triumph seem to be doing a very good job, although I'm concerned that the new 675R is moving towards the gutless Japanese 600s, they've just lowered the gearing to disguise the loss of midrange torque. Still journalists seem to prefer max power at max revs whilst they play on a track, never mind any real world rideability, so that's alright then.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices